winter wheels

luposteve

i first purchased alloy wheels as an upgrade for my other car about 6 years ago, they have remained fitted all year round ever since. i remember cleaning them for the 1st time a few months ago, they look ok to me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you wear flip flops in winter? If someone has spent hundreds of pounds on wheels that would get ruined in winter, what really is the problem with changing them?

If you took proper care of you wheels during the winter then they wont get rewined, mine still look as new as the day a bought them and they have been on for two winters, tho i can see your point if you have polished or cromed wheels smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If i was to have a set of winter wheels i wauld just get some G60 steels as they do look the nuts on a lupo.

Edited by VWR Lupo

Beach, you really are missing the point.

Your alloys are not polished/chromed, so theres no issue. For those that are it's a good idea (as already said several times ) to have another set that you can live with during the winter (its the gritting season that does the most damage).

In some cases though, I suspect its an excuse to give the car a different look.

Personally I don't/wouldn't have a summer and winter set, as I'm far to lazy to clean alloys at the best of times!