New Headunit

I want to get a new headunit. One I can hook my iPod upto it. The one in there at the moment is just the standard tape player. It needs to be black so it blends in with the dash, but also look a bit jazzier than the standard one. Something along the lines of This Pioneer

I think that's US only sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I've seen one on eBay for £185, but I imagine the radio frequency range will be wrong?

Anyone got any recommendations? Budget around £150-£200

Youll need an ipod interface which will take you into your price range, but theyre a good head unit, and you can change the colour of the screen to match interior lights!

Blaupunkt Orlando

Edit: Lead youll need!

Edited by Gibbeth!

Youll need an ipod interface which will take you into your price range, but theyre a good head unit, and you can change the colour of the screen to match interior lights!

Blaupunkt Orlando

Edit: Lead youll need!

I like that, not too spaceship looking and looks like it might, when fitted, look pretty OEM. So they're a good headunit yeah?

Don't really want a silver one. Good price for an iPod ready HU though.

I had (bloody tea-leavin scum) the santa cruz which is similar but cheaper and was very good, really easy to use and looked good.

Only downside is if your going to be running amps you will needanother lead as theres no rca outs on the back.

For £230 Alpine have this with the I-pod box:

Alpine CDA9856R iPod Pack

Or if you don't mind a mere cable connection, for £170 you can have this Alpine which is ready for your i-pod to be connected to!

Alpine CDE-9850Ri iPod Full Speed

Or for £185 you can buy both this headunit and I-pod adaptor:

Pioneer CD-IB100 II iPod Adaptor

b_cdib100mk2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

b_dehp5800mp.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

there is no room behind the stereo mine was a very tight fit just getting all the cable behind, i would recommend Alpine love my head unit smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The Pioneer one is what I've got installed - the Ipod box fits behind where the glovebox would be (velcro tape to secure). Ive got the white ipod lead feeding out under the cup holders so my ipod sits in the little felt lined compartment in the centre console.

I want to get a new headunit. One I can hook my iPod upto it. The one in there at the moment is just the standard tape player. It needs to be black so it blends in with the dash, but also look a bit jazzier than the standard one. Something along the lines of This Pioneer

I think that's US only sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I've seen one on eBay for £185, but I imagine the radio frequency range will be wrong?

Anyone got any recommendations? Budget around £150-£200

nice head unit, its the one iom after next. just to let you know its not us only but will set you back around £500. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can reccommend

Clarion DZX858 RMP

Think it used to be the top end Clarion CD but only now reduced as it is replaced by a new 2006/07 (?) range.

It is an v.impressive headunit, loads of sound adjustment, excellent quality, looks great, really high spec and has a touch screen (for a bit of novelty!)

It comes with the leads to play an Ipod through Aux.

I bought it direct through the seller (they are a shop) and not through ebay... get the best price that way! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Brilliant unit for £160

Quick edit - Just to add it looks great in the loop with a brushed stainless surround and flat touch screen, you can have all sorts of screen savers/backgrounds to suit.

Edited by GTI_LU_PO

i recommen these guys for the cheapest prices on headunit and fast delivery smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk

i can recommend with extreme confidence this unit for 227.49 from the above company!

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Alpi...ZZproductJJ2200

Alpine CDA-9857R MP3 CD Tuner

awesome sound quality. loud and punchy output, clear treble great mid bass easy to setup properly smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> all round amazing unit smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> very very very pleased with mine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa