Delay On Acceleration Pedal

For some reason when i press the accelerator pedal in netural or with the clutch down, the engine doesnt rev at the same time, it has a slight delay confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> havn't got a clue why? any ideas.....only noticable really when pulling off

thanx..

Its fly by wire smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

strange problem I must say, never heard of that before

Im not too happy with it the way it is, gotta make sure its perfect biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ....Vw fixed my pedal box for free (under warrenty beacause its a common fault) when they gave me that car back they said any problems and bring it staight back, i rang them the other day and blaged them the problem started when they fixed my pedal box an there going to have a look at it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hopefully be a free fix..

Never driven a DBW VW that doesn't do this. And it doesn't happen just at idle either (although it is more noticeable at idle). In fact, until the VX, I'd never driven any DBW car that didn't do this.

I doubt the pedal sensor is worn out - most DBW cars have two independant sensors on the pedal, and if one reads significantly differently from the other it puts the check engine light on, and might even refuse to run. Dual redundancy like that vastly reduces the possibility of the sensor failing to wide-open, which wouldn't be very much fun!

I tried this on the lupo I just picked up. drive by wire. and it does the same thing.

the throttle cable sport is fine so im not too worried.

It also cuts the throttle is the brake is pressed. it's a bit anoying but I guess you can get around that.