Rookwise's 2002 Leon 1.4 16v

Rookwise

Picked it up today. Quite pleased with it although it's gotta go back in for work. Over sensitive brakes, severe judder from the brake pedal at low and high speed, knocking noise when turning left and right.

From what I can think of from the above my thoughts are that the brake disc's are bent. Got it booked in for Monday.

Leon.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Rookwise

Nothing for the next 12 months at least except for a cd headunit or 6 disc changer.

Saving up for a flat or house next. Need to move outta my parents sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Would like to lower it a bit and some different alloys but that would be it.

That were quick laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But I was thinking of either 5, 18 or 21 spokes and 16 or 17 inch biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Rubstrips are impossible to remove as they are rivited to the cars doors. Taking them off would leave hole's sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by Rookwise

Yes Jen. Cant get used to all the room and the size of the car. Feels way too big tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Finding myself being too cautious driving it unlike the Lupo.

Got it back from the dealer yesterday. Complained that imo the car was too dangerous to drive due to the problems. Was origonaly booked for Monday but they told me to take it in first thing Thursday (yesterday). Got a fully kitted Focus with all the extras as a courtosy (sp?) car.

The Leon had a full service, Mot, new front brake pads+discs, bearings and CV joints.

Feels great to drive now and will be coming in it to Ultimate Dubs biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Will also be at NW Northwest at Tatton Park in the Leon with the Seat Car Club (Formerly seat enthusiasts).

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Rookwise

Will also be at NW Northwest at Tatton Park in the Leon with the Seat Car Club (Formerly Seat Cupra net).

Don't let si b on scc hear u say that!

seat car club used to be seat enthusiasts - nothing to do with seat cupra net!!! ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Oops. I got em mixed up tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Picked it up today. Quite pleased with it although it's gotta go back in for work. Over sensitive brakes, severe judder from the brake pedal at low and high speed, knocking noise when turning left and right.

From what I can think of from the above my thoughts are that the brake disc's are bent. Got it booked in for Monday.

Leon.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

shame its not a cupra but very nice i do like the leon

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd give this a little update. Done a few small things to my Leon including R32 front wiper conversion, Touran rear wiper conversion, TT pedals, Golf armrest conversion, chrome grill kit, Seat alloy door pins, Seat tinted rear lights, Civic aerial (sp) and hand made new gaiters for the handbrake and gearstick.

DSC00138.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00142-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

LeonAeroWipers.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00132.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Rookwise

• 1 month later...

Well. Wheels are not exactly new but are in very good condition. Gave them a clean with some Wonder Wheels stuff and then a bit of T Cut. Had new tyres fitted today and then went straight on the Leon after washing the car as well.

Didn't want to go for aftermarket wheels and wanted to use SEAT own wheels. Would have liked a set of Cupra R wheels but the cheapest I could find were £600 second hand.

Nothing exciting but for £40 for the 4 wheels without tyres I think I got a bargin.

Pics

DSC00189.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00190.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00191.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00192.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Thery're from the 20V Leons (1.8 & 2.0 engines) Pre Cupra. The 20V models were later rebadged as Cupra's smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 months later...

Little update. Basically been fitting a few more bits to my Leon using mainly SEAT parts. Also changed the awful Touran rear wiper for a Fabia one and is much better.

Done since last update:

Full Leon Cupra suspension fitted (Sits 2 inches lower than standard)

MOMO gearknob

Alloy gear surround

Silver centre dash facia

Leon Cupra R 125 leather steering wheel with red stitching (Need matching airbag unit still)

SEAT Aura CD headunit fitted

Golf R32 leather handbrake handle (silver stitching)

Skoda Fabia rear wiper

SEAT flip key conversion

4 bright white led's in each sidelight

DSC00010.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

NewLedsidelights.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00164.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00163.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

AuraCDHeadunit-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

ABCD0009-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00074.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

LeonDashFacias.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00015.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

A quick pic taken alongside Pete's beeza DSC00119.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Rookwise

looking good andy, might I add however that the white sticker in ma rear window has been removed smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...
Looking good mate.........need to de-lock it for peaceof mind.

Cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Theres only the one lock barrel on the car which is the drivers door. Bought a delock kit from SEAT (£5) a little while ago along with a Cupra R front splitter.

Weather's too cold for spraying atm and I'm having a 20v rear bumper fitted with Cupra backbox and the bottoms of the bumpers sprayed after new year shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

After that it the genuine fog light kit (£135 from SEAT)