My install

Right my Arosa is coming soon and i have planned out what i need to do.

At the moment it comes with a sony md and cd player. I plan to get this changed to a JVC EXAD one the 3" screen in it.

Subs are sorted.

Basically i need to buy components.

I've been looking at 6.5" and between 70quid and 150quid for speakers. They are getting amped up seperatly.

So the speakers are

Alpines

Infinity Kappas

More kappas but with one more cone might not fit though?

JBL

Kenwoods

PG's

West Coast Customs

So which one do you think will be loud and clear?

Im thinking about amping it to a 2channel amp. Just depends on what speakers i get, that will affect the amp as i might need less or more power. Ive been looking round the 75rms and 90rms territory.

Can you please help me choose which speakers will be best and why.

Cheers

Daood

Daood,

Just a quick note on the speakers. I have looked at all of the components and I would recommend the WCC (Orion Car Audio) ones. This is for one simple reason. I have heard the Infinity ones and tbh, they are rubbish. They distort and even the guy at Halfords said he wouldn't buy them. Personally, I don't think Kenwood make very good items. Alpine for speakers I have been told are not as well made as their other products such as their head units. The JBL's apparently aren't made by the same company which used to make them and so, a few shops have said to me that the life of ALL their products are not long. PG's I haven't heard any reviews.

I am hopefully going for my install tomorrow or next week. I've been looking at the Kicker range and a few shops have said that they are defo better than the 'standard' which is similar to the makes listed above. I have heard the Pioneer coax's which do sound good but again distort at high levels. I personally think Pioneer make very good products and would have gone for their speakers but, the car audio guy said he would recommend the Alpine's over the Pioneers. As I am not going to amp them, he said they are indifferent and recommended I save some money by purchasing the Pioneer's. However, I am hoping to get rid of the Lupo by next year and so, I would want the speakers to come out when I sell.

Hi the best you can go for are probably the PG`s or the west coast, alpine are good value for money as well.

All 3 will give good midbass with variable db crossovers for the tweeters depending how bright you like the sound. if you need any more help give me a buzz at Sound City 01444 474444

Martin

Alpines

PG's

West Coast Customs

Kickers

Right so its between these 4. I dunno maybe the WCC's cos they are orions and are loud but the pg's are really good also as my bro has some of them in his car. Theres some kickers aswell. Please help me choose as il be ordering them next week biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Personally I would not touch any that you have mentioned. The Boston Accustics S50s are the best sounding 5.25" components that I have head for less then £200 in the past 10 years! I am sure the S60 (6.5" version) will be as good.

Alpines

PG's

West Coast Customs

Kickers

Right so its between these 4. I dunno maybe the WCC's cos they are orions and are loud but the pg's are really good also as my bro has some of them in his car. Theres some kickers aswell. Please help me choose as il be ordering them next week 564d28a0bnhb.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

cant fault them wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> crystal clear and never fail to please my ears smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

whats the rainbow range like? I'm pretty sure I've heard good things about them in the past, and will be ordering some components in the next couple of weeks and thought I may go for these. Also think I remember reading somewhere before that focals were good?

Nah no worries, thats cool rainbow are probably better anyway.

(goin on what iv heard) but really the pg stuff is bloody good,

2 of my mates have it fitted in their cars and its rather impresive,

loud music without distortion if you have a good amp.

My friends dad works in america a lot and brings stuff back so if anyone everwants

anything we can normally get stuff a lot cheaper. Last time he went friend got some pg xenons off him for £120. If there is any problems aswell he can get stuff exchanged.

Yeah nice one. My bro in his car has pgs just 5.25 but they are still really good and crisp and his where the top of the range ones but 2 or 3 years old. Hes now selling his car and looking for new speakers and i think hes looking at pg xenons, they look reallly good.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm 8k system hey?

You sure your not letting yourself belive the fibs that get thrown around in the world of car audio?

Arnt In-phase the "Car audio centre" speakers that they scam you with? I read a story about you ordering a set of speakers- which they then say are not in stock and they send you the "in phase" ones that they make themselves at a fraction of the price?

Might be getting mixed up though.

Edit - Welcome by the way!

Edited by Stef_blu_lupo

I have heard that In Phas estory a lot of times lately. Personally I would not touch any IN phase gear.

Remeber kids just say no to Drugs, power caps and 6x9s

Real men talk in RMS, Fools talk Max Power!