Buying a lupo gti

ebo

Hi im new to the world of lupos but i quite fancy one to replace my current french shitbox (a 206) im at the investigateing point just now! Seen a few nice looking cars on autotrader and thought i'd ask here to see what you guys & gals think of them. Heard alot of promising things about them since i've been looking but who better to ask than people who own them!

I'll be looking to spend up to £6,000 on one & my main questions are,

Do they all gti's have 6 speed boxes?

I hear the ride is softer than most whats it like?

Boot space is said to be limited is it liveable?

What colors are avalible in seen mainly black, silver and red!

All info is appreciated and if i've missed anything which is should know feel free to bring it to my attencion!

cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A search should bring most of this information up.

No, earlier GTI's came with 5 speed boxes.

What do you mean by most? Most Lupo's or other cars? I had a mk2 Punto before my Lupo, and I can't say I noticed any real difference.

Depends if you use your boot! I can cope quite happily, but have barely used it, it is comicly small to be honest, only about 1' by 3' (at a guess).

Silver, Black, Red, Blue, Anthracite.

Most reviews I've read have said to treat the Lupo as a 2+2, and that the rear seats are too small for even children. This seems absolute toss to me, I think there's plenty of room in the back, with there being only 4 seats the rear passengers knees can go either side of the front seats. The rear seats are also higher than the front (if you have the front seats set low anyway), so it doesn't feel cramped in the back, as you can see over the drivers head.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

Ment most other cars! I was looking at a se in stirling in the vw dalership earlier they were closed so i didnt get the opertunity to sit inside it but looked fine space wise in the front (im quite lanky) back seat seemed allright! The parcel shelf looked too small for 6-9's and it was shorter car than i had imagined but i still want one.

Cheers for the input

Ment most other cars! I was looking at a se in stirling in the vw dalership earlier they were closed so i didnt get the opertunity to sit inside it but looked fine space wise in the front (im quite lanky) back seat seemed allright! The parcel shelf looked too small for 6-9's and it was shorter car than i had imagined but i still want one.

Cheers for the input

You shouldn't have any trouble being tall, I'm 6 foot and have about 10 inches from the top of my head to the roof. A lad sat in my car at a meet last week to see if he would fit, I think he was 6'7", and he was impressed by the space inside it.

If you get a GTI there are already speakers in the rear quater panels anyway, so you shouldn't need 6x9's.

They're a great car mate, I've had mine about 4 months now and I still enjoy every journey and smile every time I see it.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

i dotn know why its called a 2+2 in the review either, in fact i think it has more space than its bigger rivals. i am nearly 6ft and like to have my seat quite far back. after adjusting my seat to my preference i then got in the back behind the drivers seat and i can sit comfortably and my knees dont even touch the drivers seat. its great.

boot space is really small. its true. good enough for shopping though.

i used my new lupo for the first time to go surfing yesterday. i can fit my 6.5ft board inside lol. passenger front seat folded forward and rear left seat flat. fits just right! and my surfing buddy puts his board ontop of mine and sits behind me. not much room for wetsuits though. but still.

Hi im new to the world of lupos but i quite fancy one to replace my current french shitbox (a 206) im at the investigateing point just now! Seen a few nice looking cars on autotrader and thought i'd ask here to see what you guys & gals think of them. Heard alot of promising things about them since i've been looking but who better to ask than people who own them!

I'll be looking to spend up to £6,000 on one & my main questions are,

Do they all gti's have 6 speed boxes?

I hear the ride is softer than most whats it like?

Boot space is said to be limited is it liveable?

What colors are avalible in seen mainly black, silver and red!

All info is appreciated and if i've missed anything which is should know feel free to bring it to my attencion!

cheers biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Have a read of these...

This, this and this. You'll see future updates at that site.

Edited by AndyW

insurance is good on the lupo gti aswell.

fully comp with protected no claims and legal services etc. costs me only £350 a year.

You must be ancient tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Mine's £1400 ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Lol have been quoted £1856 tpf&f for a gti but my 206 is over £2k (fully comp) But then again im young! Been looking at the site most of today and seen a load of cool things! Liked the lighing the lupo post read it all the way through was a cool thought using a zx12r engine. And the amount of weight strippable from the car was impressive! Loved the raceing steelies on the silver lupo!

Any one know of any wide body kits?

Cheers

Im only 22 with no no claims bonus and just got 3 points for speeding heavily and i'm only £500 fully comp!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

how? u not the main driver?

all my quotes were for around £ 750 - 850, then i tried swiftcover.com and its just under £600! and i'm 23, 2 years ncb

so gti is pretty good for insurance compared to to vts and 106 gti