New Member.

Dub

Hey,

just thought i'd say hi and introduce myself as none of you know who i am.

I dont currently have a car, but im going in for my test in a few months when i turn 17, and i've decided on getting a lupo, as they're cheap to run and insure, look nice and pretty easy to mod.

Well done on the site, reading some of the threads makes me want to get a lupo even more laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by Dub

Hello there. I am in the same boat as you, 17, doing my test in august. I got the 1.4 sport love it to bits. Which one do you want to get?

Which ever one my dad's willing to put me on the insurance for lol, hopefully something bigger than the 1.0ltr...

I'd really want the GTi but i doubt that happening, but i originally wanted a 1.4 golf lol, but that was too much to buy and insure.

whats the 1.4 sport like?

Im 19. Been driving for 2 months.

54 1.0 Lupo.

Tesco

£1300...

Good luck tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Oh welcome! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think im goin with direct line, with my dad as the main driver and me down as a named driver, plus i still build no claims laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cheepest I found for my sport was £1450 and that was for learning in and when you pass it goes down 200 I think

I have a 1.0 arosa and am paying £400, i have just turned 20! I have 70% no claims as my mum and i are both insured with the co-op and i have had her no claims transfured to me, her insurance went up £50 ( on a 1.4 lupo) Hope this helps!

Hello and welcome and good luck on passing your test. You'll love driving the Lupo which ever one you get biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This (clicky!) might be of some help to you. I'm nearly 19, been driving nearly 2 years. Got my 1.4S a few weeks ago and insurance under my Dad's name with Tesco is about £750ish with enough years no claims lol. This is only an estimate though because we just swapped the car on the current policy and paid the extra.

You will regret getting a 1.0l though, my last car was a 1.0l 16V Micra, just too slow!

Dave

Oh yeah, no chance on getting insurance on a GTI, unless you want to spend more than the car's worth on insuring it. They're insurance group 11 I think! My 1.4 (75bhp) is only group 3! And the 100bhp Sport is group 6. Hope this helps.

Edited by lupodave

welcome to the forum! good luck finding a loop

dont dismiss the idea of a 1.0L too quickly theyre not that slow! i had one as my first car. insured in my dads name, me as a named driver, £800 with norwich union direct.

plus the 1.0L is cheap to buy and cheap to run and you can make mistakes (which you will do when you first pass!) and not do too much damage if you know what i mean!

Jen x

Hi there, I've just got a 1.4 (not sport) lupo, 17, been passed 1 month.

my insurance was 1700 fully comp, on my own, pass plus, with my mum as a named driver (with Quinn-direct).

The important thing is to pass your test, then you can take your time to find the best lupo for you.

Good luck with your test

(P.S. I'd love a GTI too, but i got a quote for £12,000 ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> )

hi and welcome! i'd agree with jen, dont dismiss the idea of a 1.0L as they are really cheap to buy now and considering quite a few people have a ding dong with their car in their first few months of driving, i dont think you'd be too impressed if u got a nice sport and ended up denting it. they say it can be repaired but it will always notice!! i know 1.0L cars are slow but to be honest, if i had my 1.4S lupo when someone crashed into the side of me in my AX, i'd have gone mental! Good luck with your search tho wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hey,

just thought i'd say hi and introduce myself as none of you know who i am.

I dont currently have a car, but im going in for my test in a few months when i turn 17, and i've decided on getting a lupo, as they're cheap to run and insure, look nice and pretty easy to mod.

Well done on the site, reading some of the threads makes me want to get a lupo even more laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hello and welcome, I live just down the road from you in Selby

HI people

I was in big VW meeting by castle combe... (29-July)

I was unhappy because Lupo Club didn't represent themselves...

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I hope we will have got a small territory next time where we will can park our cars...

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by HTR-464

Which ever one my dad's willing to put me on the insurance for lol, hopefully something bigger than the 1.0ltr...

I'd really want the GTi but i doubt that happening, but i originally wanted a 1.4 golf lol, but that was too much to buy and insure.

whats the 1.4 sport like?

1.4 golf you say? Buy me!