anyone ever weighed standard arosa alloys?

would like to know the weight if anyone has done it, the 14"ers that come on most models please!

cheers

Si

p.s. lookin at some 16's at the minute that weigh in at 13.9lbs/6.3kg each, just didnt wana go heavier than my standard wheels

dont know about the arosa ones but the standard lupo sport ones I think were closer to 8-9kg's

6.3kg's is pretty light for 16" alloys.

the tyres will probably be heavier on the 16's but it's not going to make a huge difference.

I'd worry more about getting the correct offset.

dont know about the arosa ones but the standard lupo sport ones I think were closer to 8-9kg's

6.3kg's is pretty light for 16" alloys.

the tyres will probably be heavier on the 16's but it's not going to make a huge difference.

I'd worry more about getting the correct offset.

the wheels in question are actually Rota slipstreams, seen on civics and the like..

this is what the rota site reads about the size offset

16 x 7.0 +40/+45/+48 4h/5h x 100/114.3

what do you suggest going for as my offset is 43 at the minute, the 40 or the 45?

edit: i forgot to mention my car will be dropped 40mm on springs and will be wearing 195 40 16's.. i dunno if this will affect which offset to choose or not.. just thought id add.

i got the weight from that website you listed wheelweights.net?

here is a quick pic.. i dunno weather to opt for black or white against my blue paintwork..!

slipstream.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Slipstream%20White.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by 243

I'd go for black. but that's just me. see if someone can photoshop it?

not really much use, but I just found a pic of someone running the Forged Magnesium Volk TE37's

in 18" and only weigh just over 5.8kg's each ambernow.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

would love some of these on the lupo. the 15" ones weigh just 3.9kg's each.

Edited by Petrified

White! White! GTi T's car is black and he had white Compomotive MO's on there, personally I loved it but as usual everyone has differing opinions. You need to get a photoshop done, post some pics and we'll all have a go biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

okay, shockinly bad pics here just took them in dim light with my mobile..

rosapshop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

rosa2pshop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and here are the wheels on a ekcivic

side8cp.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

also, anyone know which offset to got for?

my 17's are 7" wide and are a 40mm offset

243 wheres the rest of your rub strips gone? lol

ill get the 16's in 40 offset then, they are 7"'s too..

ass for the rubstrips.. took one side off no problem.. but the other side (pictured above) when i peeled off the big strip it has taken away some of the paint and has left a faint line on part of it like a different blue colour.. tried polishing it up and tar remover etc. but wont budge, doesnt look like it will.. might have to get the door resprayed at some point.. i'll post a pic up of it soonish when i have access to the camera.

As, working on my maths the 45s will rub on the trailing arms.

Maybe, but its quite touch and go.

My 7x17's are 45mm offset. They dont rub the trailing arm but they were very close (not now I have 5mm spacer on each side though*). That is with 205 tyres so if you had 195's I am sure they would be fine.

*The spacers are to increase rear track and increase stability...not to prevent the tyres catching the radius arm as they just cleared without the spacers fitted.