Carrier nut HELP!

have you sprayed the bolts in wd40 or something like that? some are really tight, had a few scraped knuckles in the past! sure its a 18mm socket you need, and maybe a lever bar or a rachet with a long bar on for leverage.

Was using an 18mm socket. Didnt spray WD40 for fear of getting it near the caliper etc. Tried using a mallet to gently encourage the nut to move but no luck.

Have just re-assembled the GTI brakes now, will try again another day.

It's not a nut it's a high tensile bolt which is Loctited in. When you have done your stuff remeber the bolts need to be Loctited back in!

From experience I managed it first attempt with even my short 2ft torque wrench. The longer one was even better, think leverage.

I wouldn't recommend heat, these bolts hold on brake carriers which afterall get hot! The threadlock I used to put them back on was rated to over 600 degrees C.

Long power bar and go for it. You wont **** it, just make sure you're not tightening it up instead of undoing it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The Loctite is just doing its job, it will undo trust me. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />