Cruise control with Arosa 1.4 TDI

MrBiscuit

hello, sorry to revive and old thread, but can somebody clarify something for me please..

if the black wire (enable) is connected to a switched live does that mean the cruise control is on all the time even if the stalk is in the off position?

hello, sorry to revive and old thread, but can somebody clarify something for me please..

if the black wire (enable) is connected to a switched live does that mean the cruise control is on all the time even if the stalk is in the off position?

If you use the stalk, then with the stalk switch in the off position, it is off. I've now fitted a stalk from a MkIII Golf (about £35), having carefully taken off the top hazard warning switch it is fine. The only thing missing from the Audi A2 TDI cruise stalk functionality is the cancel function, but that's hardly a problem. If you want the A2 TDI wiring diagram let me know your email.

i've got the stalk from the t4 van, i dont like the idea of soldering the terminals so i went to the scrap yard and cut the loom plug off an octavia tdi (same ecu plug) then robbed some wires from it leaving a length of wire still attached to the terminal, also got some amp sureseal waterproof 4 pin connectors to do the rest, i'm still puzzling over where to get the switched live from, i'm planning on tapping it off the clutch pedal switch (subject to a bit of head scratching)....

thankyou bigdog, pm sent

For the switched live i used fise 30, since it doesn't actually power anything in my TDi...

I connected to the feed from fuse 30 at the 10-pin white connector (located under the relay panel, behind the fuse box). The wiring now almost looks like it came out of the factory B)