newest ride!!

big_dave

24062006251.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

picked up for £45

brake is pish so puttin a hydraulic magura on the back biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and a wee set of halo combats!

frames needin a wee sprayjob any colour ideas you creative people!?

dave 8)

Edited by big_dave

magura will fit the back cos its the peg setup like norma v brakes wont go on front as its a hole thru the fork job!

had a raceline d on it but was just for fittin purposes!

magura will fit the back cos its the peg setup like norma v brakes wont go on front as its a hole thru the fork job!

The mounts on your bmx frame are for U brakes mate, Maguras wont fit on cos the posts for them to fit on are too high up.

V-Brake mounts are different from them, not much different, just positioned different.

so unless the HS33-raceline is different mounting to a standard HS33, then it wont fit in the correct place

Edited by nfbr

Thats what I was thinking too. Ive tried to fit the cheaper maguras to my bmx and the mounting posts on the bike frame wouldn't allow it.

Dave, could you tell me where can I get the raceline version from please?

ive had the raceline d on the bmx already tho! as i said only for trial fir so i can buy me one one!! are u guys on about hs11 by anychance no? (they may be diffrent!)

if ur after a set heres an ebay link!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Magura-raceline-hs33-h...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by big_dave

What im trying to say is, on the maguras, the pads / pistons are above the mount system, then the brake booster. To fit a bmx where you need pad / pistons, then the mount, then the brake booster how do you get around this? Unless you can swap parts round I don't know, but even the race line's look like they'd be using your tyres instead of your rims.

Id be really greatfull if you could let me know. The best thing ive found for a bmx so far is Oddesy Evolvers. Much clamping force, but not quite magura strength stopping power.

fitting hs33's to a bmx is like fitting V-brakes on a lower mount... The pads are just gona be squishing your tyres...

Although i hope i'm wrong in saying this, cos that wud be awesome for both of u having HS33 power on a bmx biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i also dont think they fit, not with the u brake mounts,

i did have a maggy 33 on my bmx once as i had v brake mounts and it was mental, the amount of extra confidence you get when flying around on the back wheel.

i take it from all your knowledge ther are quite a few bike riders on the forum?