Häns is now remapped!

nfbr

In comparison, my graphs looked like this:

AMD_RR_BHP.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and

AMD_RR_Torque.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

99.2bhp @ 3.5k revs and 184 lb torque at 2.5k revs were my best figures

So I beat you on torque mwahahaha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I don't get any smoke though at any revs, well not that I or anyone else has noticed confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

With my driving I managed 110 miles with a needle above 3/4 tank tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> With Stu's driving, 246 miles on £20 fuel, just smidgen over half a tank - supposedly 55.9mpg (I so didn't work that out, he did, if its wrong! lol)

Overall I reckon mine is better wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Well done on doing it all the same Al smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Welcome to the remap world!

Edited by Lynsey

I'm going to ask if they do one for the 16v sport. if they can do a custom remap, surely they can remove the flat spot and add a bit of torque.

my engine is mapped for 95ron to, maybe they could map it for 98ron and it would gain a bit more. i wonder if they can remove the limiter too?

ooh soo many questions.

ignore me, im going to email them. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

dont mean to be cheeky but could you possibly send me a copy of there reply i would be very interested in what they say i crave more torque blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

got have it to keep them 17's spinning wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can do better than that. copy & paste for everyone.

Hello James,

Thanks for the enquiry.

Unfortunately we only offer remapping on turbo engines, i.e. 1.8T and PD TDI’s!

Have you tried Superchips?

Regards,

Company Director

replied out of hours too laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

and before you ask

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately not, we don't offer a

conversion for this car I'm afraid due to the nature of the ECU.

Regards,

Superchips.

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Looks like a custom remap, but might qait untill I get the cams for that. Anyone know who can offer a custom remap?

Actually AMD do a remap.

Will ask if they can do a custom jobby.

In comparison, my graphs looked like this:

AMD_RR_BHP.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and

AMD_RR_Torque.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

99.2bhp @ 3.5k revs and 184 lb torque at 2.5k revs were my best figures

So I beat you on torque mwahahaha biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Overall I reckon mine is better wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Well done on doing it all the same Al smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Welcome to the remap world!

Did they stop work on yours at 4,000rpm?? as mine will rev all the way to 4800 without a sniffle...

Torque wise the results are very similar, what with mine coming out only 1lb/ft below yours, I think i know the main reason that my BHP is up on yours, and that would be the car's breathing aparatus, both induction and exhaust.

Would be interesting to compare them both at motorway speeds though (50 upwards in 5th as per last time)

• 2 weeks later...
very very impressed, and my lupo has told me its very scared of hans, so if they ever meet you better play nice!

Dont be too scared... he's running about 30bhp until i can get this bloody pipe from vw ...

iv spent a whole week tryin to tell my mates that the desiel can easily be faster than my car (in day to day circumstances) but am failing miserably. ill have to show them these graphs.

how long u got left to wait for the pipe?

well i was told "around 6 to 8 weeks "

so as an indefinative answer, 7 weeks ish...

I did have the idea of getting a metal hose joiner and re-joining the original hose by chopping half way through the S bend, however nobody makes hose joiners in such a small diameter... I think its somet like 38mm diameter hose sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> 51mm is the smallest i can buy.

I'm also considering getting a pair of 90º silicon elbow reducers and a hose joiner for the middle, but again, i can't get one with a big enough jump up from a 38 to a 51mm sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Really struggling for options other than waiting for the main dealer part.