Golf V6 4Motion

BigMon

Popped into the stealer today to get some bits for my Loop.

Whilst I was there, I asked about the Polo GTI I'd seen previously. He told me they'd sold it almost instantly and there was a 2 month wait until they got another one!! Interesting factoid for AndyW (if you don't already know it) is they're apparently limiting production to 2K a year.

I then wandered through to the secondhand car section. Drooled over the new Golf GTI (grey leather seats wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> ) and then saw a W reg V6 4Motion for £9K.

Went to have a look and oh dear, what a terrible interior. My eye was instantly drawn to the appalling faux wood panelling around the dash and on the gear stick. It really made it look like an old fart's car.

Not sure if this is normal for the 4Motion, but it was truly hideous.

Nice factoid (so I'm not the only one who sometimes listens to Steve Wright on R2) there, no I didn't know that. I did know they are selling well though, considering (until the Polo) that the Mk5 GTI has been its cheapest hot hatch for a far while, its easy to see why its shifting, even at the price.

And yeah, most of the 4Motion's I've seen have had the top spec wood option. Rubbish isn't it. Its a shame, cos in R32 trim the Mk4 Interior is lovely.

Yeah, they have annoyingly bottomed out. In the past I've seen ones go as cheap as 15k, but since the Mk5 was launched it seems values have gotten solid again and there no bargains about!

How much is a new Polo GTi on the continent compared to the UK price Andy? Apologies if this has already been covered in one of Bikerz 10 threads about the car! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I tried to find out a couple of weeks back, and nobody had a clue in my local dealer. I checked out the brochures and they hadn't been updated to cover the GTI model, unlike the UK, where they certainly have been updated.

That said, yesterday we passed a VW dealer outside Cannes and I think I spotted a red one out the corner of my eye.

And btw, the current Polo GTI thread is HERE and started by me, I think Bikerz has lost interest in it now. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />