Virus threats???

Cozboz

Did anyone else have these when trying to get on the site today?

Earlier when i tried getting onto the site it kept coming up with viruses and loads of boxes kept appearing ??? blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> i had to switch it off from the maind sot stop its activities huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

ok kool thanks alot smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i tried looking for a thread but couldn. Also it seemd that it was only me because other people were able to post earlier on and i wasnt but thanks alot smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No this wasn't an email virus it uploaded itself when you came on the forum. Firefox blocked it for me but being daft i opened the forum in IE and the virus exploited IE. AVG popped up. I had got a Trojan Horse that hides in .wmf files and a virus that has something to do with memory. Had to spend the evening removing them both.

I'm going to be honest here the forum was quite fine until i posted this comment on this thread

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19977. Five minutes later the forum was fecked.

Edited by BridLupo

Yeah, there was a member sign up at 1.41 this afternoon, post a thread which *looked* like complete rubbish, except that I happened to notice they'd somehow managed to get themselves into the Admin group.

By the time I told Jon what I'd noticed, I'd had an email allegedly from Club Lupo with a .exe attachment, which I deleted & then reported that to Jon. He took the forum offline about 2pm for a while to sort it but unfortunately it needed more than a quick fix, hence it going back offline this evening.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Its only coz I'm always bloody on here!

Jon & Matty are "tha boyz" really. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

i got an email from clublupo, with an attachment, and the email said something like im sure you know what to do with it :S.

it wouldnt open tho, is tht a good thing????

your ****ed mate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

unfortunatly i didnt see that important post, but fortunatly even tho i clicked the link angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> nothing has happened and antivirus shows no upsets biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd be wary mate. If the executable was a trojan horse it may not 'appear' to do anything but really its running in the background. give your system a full scan.

I have this nice little virus currently infecting 12 files on my hardrive: JAVA/BYTEVERIFY

AVG can't get rid of it as its embedded in the files or something like that mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Edited by Phantom Photon

I have this nice little virus currently infecting 12 files on my hardrive: JAVA/BYTEVERIFY

AVG can't get rid of it as its embedded in the files or something like that mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I had 1 virus that infected 19 files. They were all temporty internet files of the Java variety. AVG saw them but couldn't get rid of them. After a google search CCleaner was promptly downloaded and the files cleaned up. Did another scan and they are all gone now

so how do you find these files if anti virus cant find them, or should i just assume if antivirus cant find them then they are not there

If the anti virus can't find them then the probably aren't there.

Top tip from the AVG website for the Java/byteverify virus that I got from the Club Lupo website:

If you have the virus called Java/ByteVerify, your AVG Anti-Virus cannot get rid of this alone so if you are having troubles finding a way to get rid of it, here is a step by step guide for removal.

-Go to your control panel

-(if in windows XP change over to the classic mode by clicking the link on the left just under your toolbars)

-Open Java Plug-in

-Click on the Cache tab

-Click clear

-To stop this from happening again uncheck the enable cache-ing

This should clear all of these viruses right off of your computer and stop this from happening again.

just done a second scan luckily im free of anything dodge biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i have checked the java thing as photon said and mine is empty , no items in there at all biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />