Golf GTI anniversary replaced my precious lupo (Need some advice)

dickstar

Hi Guys

I have recently bought a 1.8 turbo petrol golf GTI 25th anniversary on a 2002 with 30k. I previously owned a lupo GTI which I loved to bits and am equally stoked with my new car. The car is honestly immaculate and had two owners from new. It has never been damaged and is genuinely in A1 condition.

I keep the car very clean and when I bought it I cleaned the chrome tail pipe until it sparkled like new (was very dirt). Every time I take it out for a run and get home there is a sooty deposit around the base chrome pipe. There is no over smoking from the exhaust and the car drives superbly. It was serviced at the main dealer at 26.5K so its recently serviced.

I know this is the lupo not golf forum but you guys usually have the answers!

Shold I be concerned at all? Any response would be greatly appriecaited!

Thanks Tom

I thought that was quite normal smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

which is faster then? golf or the lupo?? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

on paper the golf should be but they are never that fast at santapod, only running 16+ seconds.

I would have said it seemed normal. Going from petrol to diesel is always going to be different and I`m sure the immediate differences will be 1:) the smokey deposits and 2:) the possible fuel spillage from petrol cap in future maybe?. All diesels I have come across always suffer from these two points, but apart from that it seems fine to me. If the diesel did ever spill, then as it`s oil based, it will only help protect the pain lol.

Hi Guys

I have recently bought a 1.8 turbo petrol golf GTI 25th anniversary on a 2002 with 30k. I previously owned a lupo GTI

I would have said it seemed normal. Going from petrol to diesel is always going to be different and I`m sure the immediate differences will be 1:) the smokey deposits and 2:) the possible fuel spillage from petrol cap in future maybe?. All diesels I have come across always suffer from these two points, but apart from that it seems fine to me. If the diesel did ever spill, then as it`s oil based, it will only help protect the pain lol.

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I thought that was quite normal smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

which is faster then? golf or the lupo?? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

on paper the golf should be but they are never that fast at santapod, only running 16+ seconds.

I've had a toy with one on a few dual carriage ways, it was quicker than the lupo in gear and it started to pull away by about 2 maybe 3 car lengths by 70, i drive my lupo hard and i was giving it all it had. I can't say from a standstill but it certainly didn't seem that much quicker than my lupo, but a well driven lupo wouldn't be that far behind. I certainly couldn't see you having a problem with one!

Edited by Diamondblack

Dudes

Cheers for the replies! I figured as much. To be honest as those of you who saw my car or my post when I had my lupe's knew it wasmy pride and joy. I was going to replace it with a new one but decided I needed a change. I had a shot in my mates annivesary 1.8T and it was like driving my lupo's big brother.

I debated for a long time about an anni or an S3. I took both out and the S3 was more of a monster but felt a little lardy. I bought my anni two weeks ago and it felt plenty fast! In my mind it is deffinately quicker than my lupo! but no majorly! That said its having a super chip and miltek exhaust fitted on monday which will take it to 210 so it shold be fun! Same PS as an early S3 and 15o kilo'lighter!

Sweeeet shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Dudes

Cheers for the replies! I figured as much. To be honest as those of you who saw my car or my post when I had my lupe's knew it wasmy pride and joy. I was going to replace it with a new one but decided I needed a change. I had a shot in my mates annivesary 1.8T and it was like driving my lupo's big brother.

I debated for a long time about an anni or an S3. I took both out and the S3 was more of a monster but felt a little lardy. I bought my anni two weeks ago and it felt plenty fast! In my mind it is deffinately quicker than my lupo! but no majorly! That said its having a super chip and miltek exhaust fitted on monday which will take it to 210 so it shold be fun! Same PS as an early S3 and 15o kilo'lighter!

Sweeeet shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

A lad at the Club GTI meet up here, has an Anniversary GTI and he couldn't pull away from Mitch in his GTI powered Lupo. But that doesn't mean I don't think they are quick or don't like em. Much to the opposite really. I think they look great standard and with a few tweaks here and there, they look spot on. I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for one thats seems a bargain, thing is I'd still want my Loop and have both. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> So you got any pics?

i had a golf before i bought the fox (comes friday i'll get some piccys up as soon as i get it) but you could try www.uk-mkivs.net there is alot of people on there who know there golfs inside and out and can help you with any problem

Antony