Automatic GTI.

tase

I know this is possible but is it feasable for converting a gti manual (with high power output) to automatic controls.

Where do i start?

I know i will get asked why i want to convert so let me answer in advance.yes i have a manula licence biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

BUT sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> My Misses cannot drive manual-And as she has insured me past 2yrs on her car without me having to pay a penny the least i can do is get a automatic and do the same...trouble is most of the cars i like are manual f#@k....anyway i think u all get the drift...

So if anyone knows of any cost or site to vist etc.i will be most gratefull wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah, definitely far far easier to just take the manual test. Or don't buy a Lupo. Converting it to automatic would be a real pain, you'd have to notify the insurance, and you may even have to tell the DVLA so that it's registered as an automatic car.

For the price of a Lupo GTI I guess you're looking at things like a BMW 3-series for a car that's automatic (or has that option) and has reasonable performance. There are very few performance hatchbacks with an automatic option - the Audi and VW DSG offerings are excellent but much more expensive.

You can probably get a Mk4 Golf V5 for around that money, which I think has an automatic option and with 170bhp should be reasonable, but the styling is very bland sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i never understand why people bother doing the automatic test. what's the point?? why can't they do the manual test and then drive an automatic car afterwards if that's what they really want?

i never understand why people bother doing the automatic test. what's the point?? why can't they do the manual test and then drive an automatic car afterwards if that's what they really want?

Because some people physically cannot drive a manual car...

Because some people physically cannot drive a manual car...

never thought of that.

but i do know of a few people who failed the manual test so gave up and just did the automatic test, and in my eyes that is just lazyness.

yeah, it does seem that he means she *can't* drive a manual sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yea peeps she really connot drive a manual-she been driving like 12ys and is adament she "hates" manual...Too much brain power she says biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@snoopy not really into golfs as such neither m3s so im pretty much f11@k3!) i guess..

Man its a hard life having a misses

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

What about a C2 VTR? Or VTS? They have automatic and semi automatic in the same car, so it should still be fun for you to drive.

What about a C2 VTR? Or VTS? They have automatic and semi automatic in the same car, so it should still be fun for you to drive.

Yea i was lookin at the c2-i think this maybe one of the better options...cheers

Yea peeps she really connot drive a manual-she been driving like 12ys and is adament she "hates" manual...Too much brain power she says biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@snoopy not really into golfs as such neither m3s so im pretty much f11@k3!) i guess..

Man its a hard life having a misses

wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I was actually expecting a "lost limbs" story, to be honest...! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I was actually expecting a "lost limbs" story, to be honest...! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ive somewhat found a guy through a friend who is a VW enthusiast who is "willing" to do the job.he will research exactly what parts are need due to gti is not a simple conversion...get the cost back of the parts needed-i can get get them at slighty cheaper than trade through the fmain friend...

2 things im now wondering-cost of parts in total-and how much the cost of labour this "friend of friend" will charge...

will keep u all informed of cost of parts and labour.....and if chea enough will keep u all informed if i decided to do it. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Yea i lovethe lupo gti's....actually alot of people i know would rather have a just as fast automatic than manual gti for some reason....only conclusion i have come to is that imo i passed in manual-neva drove an auto till last yr-it does make u lazier in the sense of "less work"needed-allthough u do pick up bad habbit when u can drive with 1hand free-wont go into those points-but for me also it makes me more relax when driving and when driving with so called"idiots" on the roads-a little more patients for some reason??

anyone else experieneds this?or is it just me?