Brake judder!

Oddly enough, mine seem to be clearing up now... I only get a little vibration through now, or at least its not enough to pursuade me I want to replace them (especially not when there are so many other things to be done).

Would have been interesting to see if yours would have done that - but at least now you have shiney new ones biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I was wondering if they would clear up, i thought that maybe if they have distorted then the high spot might wear down, but was probably unlikey laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

But yep the new ones are much better no more judder, there is still a anoying clunk when i press the brake lightly, like the pads are moving in the caliper, but ill just have to live with that i suppose.

Chris

I had that after putting the new suspension on - not sure what it was but it went after I replaced the disks.... Might be good to drop it back at the garage for a look smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 3 months later...

The brake judder has returned again now, its really anoying. The last ones i had i returned to the shop and they were sent away for testing, when they came back they had found a distortion fault so i got my money back, even thought the distortion developed it wasnt there from putting them on.

Now the replacement discs have done the same, its not quite as bad yet but it seems to be getting more noticable, why should the discs keep doing this?

I thought its maybe the make of pads ive used if thre getting too hot or hotter than usual this could cause the distortion but i dont know lol.

Hopefully it will go away liek lunalupis car but im not sure.

I think next time ill have to try some stronger discs.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I just wonder what the update is on this subject?

I funnily enough have the same problem, the car is only 13months old ( I am the second owner) when I reported that I get the steering wheel juddered when I brake (after having the tyres changed and balanced, this didn't solve the problem) Mileage was around 17,000miles, so the dealer replaced both pads and disk under warranty.

Now nearly three months on and 3,000 miles later the judder returns (progressively getting worse).....as it happens I will be mentioning this to the dealer as part of the 20,000 miles service. Now I have owned many previous VW's and this is first that I am having problems with this).

So is this a common problem with Lupo's GTI or an indication that there are other problem causing this?

Thanks.

Edited by A guy with GTI Lupo....

Well mine is just a 1.0 not a gti, ive not heard of this happening with a GTi before.

No update really, its still juddering and is very bad now, i think its because the dealer bent the hub which is making the pads touch the dics in one area and heat up that area more and distorting the disc, i need to get it checked to see if this is the case then have yet another set of discs fitted.

Ive left it for a while because the car hasnt had that much use since me getting another one, but i really should get it looked at soon, so ill let you know what i find when i do get it checked and new brakes fitted,

Chris

Thanks for the update!

Just gathering info in case the dealer have an issues in replacing yet another disc and pad so soon!! There must be something else wrong and the dealer obviously overlooked the obvious caused of the fault.

Thanks.

Edited by A guy with GTI Lupo....