compomotive MO rims on Arosa sport

Hi, been reading on these forums for some months now

my name is Si

just got myself a metallic blue 2001 blue arosa sport.. its really nice, had it a week now had a honda civic before and a punto before that..

anyway question is i want some compmotive MO 5 spoke rims in white... 16" if poss.. i am also looking to drop the car on 30mm eibachs.. so the tyre choice i would be given would be 195/45/16...

so would these fit my car.. also what ofset do these wheels come in?

sorry for all the qustions.. i have looked around various websites but need the reassurance off you guys

cheers!

Si

Yes i believe these wheels would fit as they are available in many offsets as 16" is the new size and would fit with 195/45 and a 30mm drop as that is what AROSA PD is running on his tdi so he would be able to advise you on any rubbing etc

it is generally advised to use 195/40 tyres for increased clearance and less rubbing but they are gonna give less ride comfort and are considerably more expensive

await Adam b's reply

Car sounds nice and with these wheels could look very shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne

yeah the car is ok.. its got the red rear lights though, im not so fond of them agaisnt the blue paintwork, looking for some black backed ones on ebay.. if i cant find any 2nd hand il have to go to the dealers.

i might have a bit of a dabble at some tinting with the red ones when i get my black ones.. have a bit of fun with them.

il get some pics taken of it standard, so that people can see its progress.

i would love to have 195 40's but are the readily available? some websites dont offer them with 16's.. spose i could request them.

cheers

First off welcome to the club, when you get a chance take some pictures for readers rides. We need to show these pesky Lupo drivers whos boss smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As TSM said 195/40/16 are a better bet as the rolling radius will only be 0.1" out over a 195/45/15, meaning your speedo will only be out by 1.1%. Also provided you get a good width/ET combo you can still dump it 60mm+ if you so want.

If you post some width/ET options we can advice you further.

RE: 195/40 avaliblility there are loads of on-line shops that stock them, or you local tyre place will get them in if not in stock.

arosause.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

arosause2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

soz bwt the crap pic its one i took on my phone few weeks ago, im moving house an my digi cams usb lead is packed away so is my mobile phones usb lead and my bluetooth dongle..

i have taken some on my digi cam its just getting the usb lead.

anyone know the cheapest place for the compomotives? i was looking at demon tweeks (probably overpriced yeh? for wheel and tyre packages.. you have to email them for a quote.. did that last night, now a guy from DT has replied asking me to ring him, probably to talk me into getting them on finance! which i will not be doing so its pointless!)

cheers for all the replies and help with fitments, i know a guy with a lupo gti has them on here, he has like 3 sets of wheels, the white compos look good against his black lup.

get some more pics soon

Edited by 243

Nice car, if I were you though I'd stick the pictures in Readers rides so more people can see them wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

As for MO prices your best bet is to have a snoop aroung the net and see whats avalible.

I think TSM got bored

you cheeky git tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

No if you click on one of the wheels sizes it brings up a pop up box with a pic of the wheels and the info i posted above direct from that so they obviosly screwed up there confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

wayne

RE: 195/40 avaliblility there are loads of on-line shops that stock them, or you local tyre place will get them in if not in stock.

as somebody said the closest possible tyre you can get to the original size is a 195/40/16 but they aint that cheap , hence a few people have went for the 45 profile