VW Polo -v- Seat Arosa

SeatSport

Right...need sum advice ppl.

Iv bin offerd a v. attractive p/x for my Arosa....with a Vw Polo.

Its a 51 reg, in blue (luks like the Estoril blue on old BMWs), with aircon n all the electrics. Its got a 1.4 8v engine...which im told is quite nippy...tho not as gud on fuel as the Arosa obviously.

What i wan2 kno is which car, in your opinion, is better for performance, driveability, appeal....etc.

Any1 hu has driven a Polo please let me kno wot u thought....cos I dont wana agree 2 a p/x n end up burnt.

Thanks in advance

The mk4 Polo is pretty old now, although the Lupo and Arosa is based on this car.

Cabin is the same sort of size.

You should be able to buy an nice old 8v for a couple of grand or so?

I would stick with the Arosa, better engine, and funkier car.

Liked the mk4 Polos, but I don't think Id swap a TDI Arosa for one.

to be honest I think you've got the better engine in your arosa atm, and as Andy says the arosa is already based on that platform of polo giving it similar characteristics, only advantage to the polo is a bigger boot, and by the sounds of it aircon. you already have most of the electric stuff on your arosa dont you?

i'd stick with the Arosa personally.

If its a 51, then it'll be a 6n2 (Mk5) nice car but its only a facelift Mk4 anyway.

I dont really see the point in changing a nice fairly rare car car for something that everyone and their mother owns.

We used to have a 51 Polo, 1.4 8v, blue with all the toys before the Arosa.

Inside its got slightly more space than an Arosa, but then its bigger on the outside. Good solid car, the 1.4 pulled well, but felt underpowered for such a heavy car. We had electric everything - sunroof, windows, mirrors, central locking - none of which had any problems in the three years we had it. Fuel economy was reasonable, but could never match a 1.4TDI.

It did have a boot though!

Edited by lunalupi

Im gonna regret startin this post...iv jus bin out in my girlfriends friends Polo. Its not the facelift version but the one before - S reg. Its a 1.4 8v with 62k n all electrics.

Drove it 4 a short while....it drove well until the corners. I thought I was gonna die! It had so much bodyroll laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , n i drove it the same way i drive the Arosa through corners. It was quite nippy but didn put a smile on my face.

The only diff with a 51 Polo is thats facelifted n has a better interior...but im guessin the drive is the same....in which case im stayin with the Arosa biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .

• 2 weeks later...