Arch Rolling Tool

ArosaPD

I can remember seeing a while ago a drawing of an arch rolling tool, made from a car body jack and various other bits and pieces all welded together. I can't find it using the search tool....help!! The drawing gave all the dimensions, etc. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ta in advance.

Mark

a drawing of an arch rolling tool
What are you wanting to roll?
just a guess but maybe his arches laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

youd do it to me andy so tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

and Mark i swear Stig (green lupo on BBS's) posted the link so ask him

wayne

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Tigz I just wanted to roll front and rear arches, not flaring them just yet. It had been a while since I last saw the tool on this forum and like I said the search facility came up with nothing.

Cheers Tigz and Exxxtreme Arosa wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mark

think i'll make me one of those. need to roll my front arches. ebay ahoy.

Edited by scoobydoo

Well I've made my mind up, I will be picking up one of these up in two weeks time. I'm back off to the good ole US of A for 4 weeks and have pre ordered one of these to bring back home. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...erID=232&KICKER

Mark

hehe ive been a busy boy over the last few days, i stripded the front arches out, gound the lips back painted up the edges. i also painted my front and rear calipers while the wheels were off, ill post sum pics up shortly smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

hope you didnt cut the rear ones biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

nope didnt need to they dont rub at all its only the fronts. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> sorted now though hard corners and big bumps not a problem and there still a 3-4mm lip there

Well I've made my mind up, I will be picking up one of these up in two weeks time. I'm back off to the good ole US of A for 4 weeks and have pre ordered one of these to bring back home. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...erID=232&KICKER

Mark

Yeh looks a quality tool ive been trying to get one of these in the workshop for ages but they wont allow it under the expenditures angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> and this one if you dont mind me saying does seem rather pricy but is suppose you get what you pay for and a garage does charge £25 a corner to do it for you

how about doing mine when yours are done eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

wayne

Yeh looks a quality tool ive been trying to get one of these in the workshop for ages but they wont allow it under the expenditures angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> and this one if you dont mind me saying does seem rather pricy but is suppose you get what you pay for and a garage does charge £25 a corner to do it for you

how about doing mine when yours are done eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

wayne

Not a problem Wayne. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Looked at several different ones and they are all between $250-350 mate. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

At that price you should polish it and fit it to your car when you show it!

Silver! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

as promised arch pics and calipers.......

5e8551e4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

4d1dcff5.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

03f1139d.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

90412c48.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

the lips are about half the width they were now and i had to remove the arch linners as i ground of two of the lugs that are located on the lips.

• 1 month later...

Nice job Exxxtreme Arosa, those calipers really make the difference I think. Well I did it,... I came back with my arch rolling tool from the US, real funny going through security control at LAX I can tell you. They got me to open both my cases that contained the tool...I think they thought I had a gun in there or something. I anticipated that I might get some problems going through security so preprinted a picture of the tool off the website and gave it to them. They must have seen the funny side cos they smirked at me and gave me the thumbs up as they closed my cases back up. Hee Hee laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Mark

You should start a service. Mine could do with a roll, there a few marks in my tyres.

How much laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well that was a thought I'd had Gav. I'm hoping to get to a few meets this summer so can bring it with me, but the problem lies with heat to warm the paint. At home I can use my electric heat gun.

Mark

Get a cheap 12v-240v invertor from Halfrauds for about £30 to use with the heatgun & you've got yourself a mobile service laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Get a cheap 12v-240v invertor from Halfrauds for about £30 to use with the heatgun & you've got yourself a mobile service laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It wouldn't be able to handle the current demanded by the gun. Complete change of subject for one second....love your motor, you have some interesting mods. Out of curiosity what BHP is she pushing?

Cheers

Mark smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

To be honest...... Im not sure, I've lost my graph somewhere! It doesn't really feel as strong as it used to so I might take it back for a checkup, thought it was the MAF & EGR on the way out but I've replaced both & it hasnt really made a difference. Might have a look at the N75 soon as it may be possible to 'upgrade' it from a PD130 or PD150 engine, will have to do a little research first though.