17s on Lupo

stormcreate

some do without rubbing , some dont , all depends on offsets , widths , tyre sizes and your luck to be honest , but they look like tractors with 17's on top be honest mate fgsdfgdsg.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

where as it looks much better slammed on standard 14's lowered about 120/130mm

DSCN5314.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

but at the end of the day its up to you , its your car , for example Ross ( red lupo GTi ) had his arched rolled to get them to fit , where as Loopylupo had his rolled as well on 17's on a GTi and it looked AMAZING!!

It is possable to deck a car on 17s.

Here is a car about 85mm on 17s

And a GTI at 100mm on 17s

gallery_255_5_3420.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

DSC00749sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Well there were a couple of alloys that i think wud suit the Lupo!

spyder17.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

These ones are 7x17" and 4x100 et35

konig_eracer.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

These ones are 7x17" and not sure about the fitment bit it'll probably be 4x100 et38

konig_tuner2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

These ones are 7.5x17" and not sure about the fitment bit it'll probably be 4x100 et38

7.5 x 17 will go on the back with ET 38 - 40. However if you are lowered on the front 7 x 17 max, with ET of 40, plus I think you really need 195x40 rubber. If not lowered 205x40 will be fine. Be careful with the design of the back of the alloy where it bolts to the car as it can catch on the caliper carrier and cause all sorts of headaches! Also I know Darren (black Loop above had to 'modify' the back of his spokes to get his rims to work properly). However, it has to be said that 17's can look fantastic, with the right alloy of course! (but then I would say that!)

LoopyLupo036.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

I wouldn't say any of them would suit the car to be fair.

I think they would look pretty silly if I was to be honest.

I agree, if you dont have a GTi you would have your lovely power drums/tiddly brake discs on show. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

7.5 x 17 will go on the back with ET 38 - 40. However if you are lowered on the front 7 x 17 max, with ET of 40, plus I think you really need 195x40 rubber. If not lowered 205x40 will be fine. Be careful with the design of the back of the alloy where it bolts to the car as it can catch on the caliper carrier and cause all sorts of headaches! Also I know Darren (black Loop above had to 'modify' the back of his spokes to get his rims to work properly). However, it has to be said that 17's can look fantastic, with the right alloy of course! (but then I would say that!)

LoopyLupo036.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Are they 17s that are on your loop??

If anyone cud recommend some 17s that wud be great!!

DSCN5314.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Hi

What are these alloys called/ what width are they?

i need them on my loop!!

those alloys are the standard lupo SE 14" alloys mate

yes mate! loads of 17's to choose from but you have to be careful (imho) with design - I went with what i think is a very vdub / bbs design - which i think really suit the loop - my all time fave wheels are bbs rc and these were as close as i could get.

7" by 17's et 40 goin on my Arosa, 205/40/17 profile tyres may get my arches rolled when my coilovers are fitted to get her super low wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> 100mm on the rear? hehe we'll see tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

7" by 17's et 40 goin on my Arosa, 205/40/17 profile tyres may get my arches rolled when my coilovers are fitted to get her super low wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> 100mm on the rear? hehe we'll see tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

You cant really roll the arches.

You'd need to chop and flare them to get anywhere near 100mm.

Think Max had less than a 1mm lip by the time those pics were taken (the yellow one)

Also, note that the strenth of the rear panels is in the lip.

Lose too much and you could have problems.

Alex (loopy lupo) is selling those exact rims *I think* but he's to much of a gent to say. PM him and talk turkey.

Anyone of us will vouch for the quality, and the fit will be spot on. If I had the money I would of ripped his hand off already!

Think Max had less than a 1mm lip by the time those pics were taken (the yellow one)

totally agree andi. front arches on a gti certainly can't be rolled. alot of strength on modern front wings comes from plastic arch liner - mad, but true - that's why i couldn't get my front arches rolled!

alot of strength on modern front wings comes from plastic arch liner - mad, but true - that's why i couldn't get my front arches rolled!

Thats what I thought, but then I think it was you that told me that a E38 last year.

Linconshire said this though; http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18311&st=20

which also makes sence wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> So glad I dont have a GTi!

Just to add, I suppose its reasonable that it could infact be a combination of the 2.

Edited by Adam-B

i can get them rolled right back on themselves without the paint cracking my mates just had his done 40quid for two arches. not a bad price and the guys local too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />