Yet more problems

cardaft

Just a little update on all the recent problems i have had with the car lately:

- Faulty timing belt bearing (took 4 weeks to order, and still isnt fitted)

- Soft rear shocker (very crashy over bumps now)

- Constant whistle from front wheel (especially when car is warmed up)

- Strange clonking noise when braking from same wheel

- lots of rattles from boot, dash etc (more rattles than our saxo and that is saying something)

- for somereason sometimes when you pull the wiper stalk toward you both front and rear wipers go

- Petrol smeel (breather hose left off after service)

- Strange clonk from steering/suspension carnt quite decide (different to brake noise)

And thats about all really in the past couple of months, really getting quite fed up with the car now, constant problems, and when the waranty runs out next mnth its going to be a bit of a nighmare. In my opinion these car's arnt what they are cracked up to be, or I have just got a really bad examle probably. Thinking of trading it in or selling it private but dont know what ill get or what for similar value.

Rant over blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

same as my recent post in car care and maintenance mate i dont necessarily think its the cars more how the dealers fix them/ work on them thats the problem

i had the exact same noise you mentioned above and it was the wheels where they had replaced the damper but havent heard it since been in yesterday ??????

i looked at other cars on monday after thinking of selling the arosa and the only car that comes close/better in total is the car i looked at originally against this which was a new Vauxhall corsa SRi i know plentyof lads who have got them and theyre a brilliant and generally reliable car and id say from experience vauxhall build quality is damn good

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

same as my recent post in car care and maintenance mate i dont necessarily think its the cars more how the dealers fix them/ work on them thats the problem

i had the exact same noise you mentioned above and it was the wheels where they had replaced the damper but havent heard it since been in yesterday ??????

i looked at other cars on monday after thinking of selling the arosa and the only car that comes close/better in total is the car i looked at originally against this which was a new Vauxhall corsa SRi i know plentyof lads who have got them and theyre a brilliant and generally reliable car and id say from experience vauxhall build quality is damn good

wayne

Yeah i think your right, its not the cars its the dealers, i mean you get problems with every car but if only they were solved first time then that would be fine but its got to go to the dealers 2 or 3 times before the fault has been fixed.

What is the noise you are talking about?, i have many lol

Yep i have been looking at cars aswel and the corsa was one of them, but there too comon and a bit bland, i have been thinking of a clio if i was to change it. but i still really like the Arosa and the only reason i would want to change it is because of the constant promlems but think im going to stick with the Arosa now, im in my final year at college and im hoping to go to sunderland uni which will be around a 70 trip each day, so ill keep the arosa till i have finished uni and trade it in in 3 years time or sooner depending on how well it copes with the milage and any more problems it has to come, saves putting lots of miles on a new car aswel.

but i think i will get the extended waranty package (that Seat dont seem to ant me to have as i have asked loads of times about it and they say i will ring with the price, or will have it for next time your here and they never do, and then they said they would send it through the post but it has not arrived) but ill keep on at them till i get it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its out of waranty next month so the jobs need doing before then hopfully, and ill get it MOT'd soon then if there is anything else wrong with it, i can put it into the garage before the waranty runs out.

i would get it fixed as soon as possible i drove home from work tonight and the car was amzingly different from the start of the week the clutch is better i can actually hold it still on clutch now and the brake pedal is harder etc its little things that make a car

corsa's are common yes ill admit that BUT youve also got to think why theyre common? ive just finnished rebuilding an accident damaged 97 corsa for my bros fiance and it has 114,000 miles on the clock and yet drives sooth as hell, has no rattles and ticks over alot better than mums arosa? and im really proud of it as its still a damn solid car even though nine years old

i had four hours when car was in the dealers on wednesday and renault garage is just around the corner so i went and had a look at the new clio as i love the way the new one looks especially the sport version but must say i was sorely dissapointed as soon as i got in, seats that high i nearly touched the roof with no adjustment i wouldnt have the window down through fear of falling out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , dash felt cheap which is odd as my dads scenic feels plush, general things all over which personally were crap and made me go look at the previous generation out side its a car which has severely lacked in thought

another car i looked at is the new beetle as a fiend of mine has one and i personally do not think they are a female car before anyone saids it but again door panels felt poor and new prices were pretty bad but they do look nice BUT they have the same waranty and dealers as our cars which would be one of the reasons id be changing?

sorry for the essay :shocked:

wayne

Glad to see your getting your car sorted out now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree that corsa's are good cars and they do seem to be pretty relible.

I have also had a look at the new clio and i quite like it there are some cheap plastics on the inside but i thought its quite a bit better than the previous clio. We also have a scenic and that is the same, cheap on the indise and not really a patch on robustness of the old shape scenic RX4 that we had before that. Another car i have looked at is the new punto that is also very nice but again a bit cheap inside.

I like the new beetle also but i think there over priced for what is essentially a 2 plus 2 with a small boot, albeit a bit bigger than an arosa boot.

My car is booked in to go in on tuesday for the bearing so im taking it in on monday and getting a loan car and ill tell them about the other problems so that they can have a look while its in, as they will probably have to rebook it in for when they have got any parts needed in.

its all about what you want in a car really and what youve got to spend although youve got to do like i did and think "if i sold it would i miss it? " if the answers yes then dont sell as you would be hard pushed to get another for a good price once you come to your senses and yes as you say most of the very new cars arent built with very good quality plastics etc which is partly why i went for the arosa But as weve already said its the 'seat Service laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ' that kills the ownership

wayne

Well i have taken my car in tonight for the bearing and ive got a altea stylance tdi again (59 mpg on the way back from middlesbrough smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ), i wrote a list for the garage to go through so hopfully all will be fixed or on the way to being fixed once i get it back.

Edited by cardaft

Well i have got my car back tonight, and the bearing is done, and the service light had came on again even though it has had a service so it has been turned off again.

Two rear shockers are on order for it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

shockers again?

and were loving it at the mo mums arosa went in on monday for the engine and brakes as it sounds more tappety than a diesel metro and hers is newer than mine ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> anway they said to me that theyd decided they couldnt find a curtesy car so i told them to find one immediately to which they couldnt even find the normal 1.2 ibiza's so she is now driving round in the managers Seat Leon Tdi sport :cool: which is bloody georgeous and quick but she wont let me drive it mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> and off course theyre working as hard as possible on mums as the manager wants his car back wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

wayne

Yeah two rear shockers, the o/s/r is softer than it should be and the n/s/r has a slight leak, so they are getting relpaced under waranty and are going in for fitting at the end of the month.

Nice car the new loens, the seat garage i use has a red TDi sport loan car, so i have asked to have that when it goes in for the shockers to be replaced biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .