what tools?

high on dirt

Nope, doesn't come with a jack. No spare so why would we need a jack! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Towing eye is fixed on the car, hidden behind one of the solid plastic bits between the honeycomb on the bottom half of the front bumper (if that makes sense?).

i think im missing the toeing eye bolt thing !

Does the GTI come with a Jack? i cant work out what im missing!

The tow eye is attached to the car already behind the drivers side, front bumper slat

You beat me Nicki biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by mike_m

that means i have everything then dont think i have a long allen key tool but everything else is there the spanner compressor gunk screw driver.

Thats good i thought i was missing something

Thanks again for all your help

Nick

Mike what Jack do you have?

I think the compressor is a real quality item - glad it came with the car - that said I reckon the gauge is a bit out (compared to my digital tyre pressure gauge it seems to over-read).

I have a spare wheel that I carry around with me on occasion so bought myself a "1.5 tonne bottle jack" from Halfords for about £10. I chose that as it has a flat top to jack the car up on (which I think suits the jacking points better?) and also it is really compact (just slightly bigger than a box of two lightbulbs).

You are supposed to use it in conjunction with stands but I have found on the odd occasions I have used it it supports the weight no problem - just don't go putting your head or body in danger.

My spare wheel is locked in the shed when I'm just driving around my home town - if I got a puncture I would get my mum to bring it over to me!

If I go on a long journey I stick it on the rear seat and belt it up - fit's nicely and I have a bag to keep the seats clean.