GTI HT leads

Make your own?

There not that difficult, and would only cost a fraction of the price VW will charge you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bear in mind I'm a bit of a mechanical numpty though. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Could change them OK, but as to how they work, erm, taxi please.

i had some magnecor KV 8.5 leads on my old car ...i paid about £50 for em!

they are designed for race engines blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think they are £11 each. get Vw ones they are designed to fit in there and they are the right length.

Trying to save money doesn't always pay off. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> £45 for a set that lasts around 3-4 years aint too bad.

Its the heat that riuns the rubber on them also pulling them in and out.

I reckon I need some new leads on my 2001 GTI too.

All was running well with the car until I had it serviced and they changed the spark-plugs. The next day I got a miss-fire, a fault code suggested a problem with spark-plug 1 which was changed and all has been fine for about 4 weeks but yesterday the miss-fire returned.

I've read on here that some people have had issues with their HT Leads and I'm sure mine are the cause of my problem too - they don't like to be touched do they!

i'll get you a price from vw mate! shud be able to get you a deal!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd be great. Thanks matey. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I reckon I need some new leads on my 2001 GTI too.

All was running well with the car until I had it serviced and they changed the spark-plugs. The next day I got a miss-fire, a fault code suggested a problem with spark-plug 1 which was changed and all has been fine for about 4 weeks but yesterday the miss-fire returned.

I've read on here that some people have had issues with their HT Leads and I'm sure mine are the cause of my problem too - they don't like to be touched do they!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly what happened with mine. No problems at all until new sparks at a service in April and now (occasionally) it "jumps" then pulls as it shouldwhen I accelerate, say in fourth, from between 1-2K revs. It was fine all through summer, but now as it's getting colder and damper the jumping is recurring. Mines 2001 too, so a new set of HT leads are probably required.

After changing the plugs myself - and being a little too vicious with the HT's (they are a sod to get out with that plastic cable tidy in the way), I had to replace mine. Looked at GSF, Eurocar parts etc., but no one does them.

About 55 quid from VW I am afraid. Next day delivery for free though - so you could collect them next day without a problem.

Still, solved the problem. (although I am sure that the Lupo isn't the same......but I am driving it like it could break at any moment)

Mine are OK but they arent staying on sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Are there supposed to be nipples (tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) on the top of the plugs??? any one got a pic of a plug before fitting the lead?

right, with trade discount, can do a set of genuine ones for £49.82 inc vat! will have to be ordered in tho as they are non-stock (like most lupom gti bits!)

right, with trade discount, can do a set of genuine ones for £49.82 inc vat! will have to be ordered in tho as they are non-stock (like most lupom gti bits!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds good mate, but as I need them posted down to Torquay am I better getting them from my local dealer?

Sounds good mate, but as I need them posted down to Torquay am I better getting them from my local dealer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

may be worth ya while mate! just hassle them into giving trade discount, say you got a cousin who works for h/o or something!