Finally

DanGTI

....nearly 12 months after buying the GTI Im getting around to doing a few little mods.

Got my BMC on order - Halfords do a price match and had an internet connection in store so i found a good deal and they said OK.... saves the hassle of mail order. Ive no idae what the damage will be when I tell the insurance company, Ill just have to suffer it.

Dunno if I can justify spending £500+ on coilovers so looking at springs (maybe)....any pics on here of any GTI dropped on either eibach or other spring only kits? (not coilovers).

Got scraped by a taxi & will cost £250-300 to fix so thats a bit of a setback. damage really minor but is over the wing door and rear arch.

Yeah, it took me a similar amount of time before any mods where started so I know how you feel, a nice feeling when it starts though eh.

I like you can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on coilovers when a new set of better tyres seems to transform the car and I think a bit of lowering will sort everything out for my needs perfectly.

Post about how you get on, I'd certainly be interested to hear your decision.

**** dan, long time no hear mate! ideas sound good mate - shame about the stoopid taxi driver!

m3 style light clusters? buster mclusters - what are you on about mate? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

m3, you know all red little LED's on the bottom and white across the top?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where are these? Got any pics?

Rich Hanley has just dropped his GTI on eibachs and it looks great. Look in the readers rides section.

Edit - You've obviously seen it already. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by chris260

Please confirm about the M3 clusters. I want some asap. Bordering on buying Cambridge just so I can remove the crappy "lexus style" ones but dont really want Cambridge ones.

I would really like M3 style, been waiting for these since I bought the car.

ive just got them on order

Wow, have you got a picture of them please?