super charging my lupo sport

ryan lupo sport

The 1.0 uses Electronic throttle.

The engine I am replacing it with is a 75bhp 1.4, so uses cable.

Obviously Im not useing the throttle body, so without the pedal and cable I was expecting from the engine man it was pretty pointless wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mitch is sending me a cable and pedal after he changed to electronic for his GTi lump.

Would be nice to have the standard ECU mapped, but it doesn't have a MAF sensor so it isn't possable.

After market ECU, and custom loom it is then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WELL BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE AFTER MARKET ROUTE IS THE EASIER OPTION WHAT MANAGEMENT ARE YOU GOING TO USE? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about useing a Mr Turbo ECU, around £160-£170 with the Loom.

Just got to find someone to map it.

Or try it myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NEVER HEARD OF THEM THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO POINT YOU IN THE DIRECTION OF A SUITABLE MAP PERSON

Sent you a pm with the details.

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YEP HAD A LOOK SEEM SENSIBLE ANY TUNER WORTH HIS TRADE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAP YOUR CAR. PC AND ROLLING ROAD SHOULD SORT YOU OUT biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There isnt one, you cant compare!

Turbo and Supercharger are very expensive (£5K ++) if you dont do it yourself, but clearly give you the most power.

Throttle bodies arent easy to do, but give you good power increase and great sound! Cost about £1000 by the looks of it, and all the work yourself....

manifold, exhaust and induction are the mildest changes as these are basic changes, and if you went for any of the above options you would have to change the manifold, exhaust and have a remap!

Mate, Im aiming for the same sort of power.

140bhp is what the GTi should have left the factory with.

I think the chassis could handle 160bhp without noticable problems.

140 would be great in the Lupo.

And Id imagen the insurance would still be lower than a Fiesta ST.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the gti engine and the 5 speed gear box at least is the same as used in the super 1600 polos, admitedley these are breathed over, but they put out 200bhp at the fly.

so 140bhp at the fly is easy mate, exhaust, chip, filter, mild flowing- or i have a list of the motorsport parts you need to make a gti 200bhp if you really wanted to.....

a tuned car with a supercharger on most probably will not be cheaper than something that left the factory with a higher level of power to insure........

the gti engine and the 5 speed gear box at least is the same as used in the super 1600 polos, admitedley these are breathed over, but they put out 200bhp at the fly.

so 140bhp at the fly is easy mate, exhaust, chip, filter, mild flowing- or i have a list of the motorsport parts you need to make a gti 200bhp if you really wanted to.....

a tuned car with a supercharger on most probably will not be cheaper than something that left the factory with a higher level of power to insure........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ANY CHANCE OF YOU SHARING THAT LIST THAT GIVES A GTI LUMP 215BHP(MOTORSPORTS FIGURE) CHEERS MATE!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My modded car, with transplanted 1.4 on throttle bodies is gonna cost me an extra £95 a year to insure than it did with the 1.0 engine.

will do, gotta dig out the sheet from wherever i filed it!

involves a chip, exhaust, cams, new head (but i suspect you could just flow your own), new injectors, and new pistons/rods.

prob about £3000 of parts if you could persuade vw racing to sell them to you.

will have a search and post back.

cheers

Edited by big_chris1981

yeah i agree with the above you probaly can buy a quicker car for the money which is also easier to insure etc but you loose the individuality such as i nearly brought a new corsa Sri which is majorly quicker than the arosa ive brought and only £150 more to insure but the arosa id have any day as the corsa are brilliant and i hate when people slag em off (if you do you havent driven one)

but the arosa is so much more individual and it probably would cost me twice the amount of the corsa to make the arosa as quick but id rather do that and stand out loads

remember alot of people (lads on here doing own cars especially) like to show what they can achieve with a car and how many it surprises like if you see a TVR tuscan at the lights you wouldnt even bother trying as itll be half way doen the road by the time youve got to the top of first whereas something such as LUPOCHARGED's lupo is very decieving because at the lights most people i know would have a go thinking "ill beat that toy car anyday" and theyd got the shock of their lives which makes it worth every penny

wayne

yeah i agree with the above you probaly can buy a quicker car for the money which is also easier to insure etc but you loose the individuality such as i nearly brought a new corsa Sri which is majorly quicker than the arosa ive brought and only £150 more to insure but the arosa id have any day as the corsa are brilliant and i hate when people slag em off (if you do you havent driven one)

but the arosa is so much more individual and it probably would cost me twice the amount of the corsa to make the arosa as quick but id rather do that and stand out loads

remember alot of people (lads on here doing own cars especially) like to show what they can achieve with a car and how many it surprises like if you see a TVR tuscan at the lights you wouldnt even bother trying as itll be half way doen the road by the time youve got to the top of first whereas something such as LUPOCHARGED's lupo is very decieving because at the lights most people i know would have a go thinking "ill beat that toy car anyday" and theyd got the shock of their lives which makes it worth every penny

wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SUPERCHARGED WAY OF LIFE IS WICKED biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> TRAFFIC LIGHT GRAND PRIX IS A BREEZE smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> SLAPPING JCW MINI'S IS FUN AND ALL FOR £8500 THAT IS INCLUDING CAR

And a lot of time, love and skill!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BEEN HONEST IT WAS A BLOODY NIGHTMARE TO GET THE THING UP AND RUNNING AND DUE TO NO OWNERS MANUAL EVEN HARDER.AS I MAIL WITH ONE HAND THE OTHER HAND IS BUILDING A CUSTOM LOOM TO WORK WITH AFTERMARKET MANAGEMENT THAT SHOULD BE MY ICING ON THE CAKE shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

ALSO GOT ME A NICE SET OF THROTTLE BODIES OF EBAY £73.00 SO I WILL BE ADAPTING THOSE IN THE PACKAGE.WOULD SEND A PICTURE BUT IM HOPELESS WHEN IT COMES TO POSTING SO UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO VIEW YOU'LL ALL HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />