which would be the most fun, arosa sport or tdi?

Mk6FezToArosaTdi

i know ive been going on about the tdi in the tuning section like, but havnt completely made up my mind just yet and wondering which would be the most fun to drive? in standard form cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> as thats what im looking for really with theses sort of cars...

But the sport is wquicker.

Sorry to any TDi owners, Im not slateing them here.

But a 105mph limit?

My 1.0 shows that on the clock!

It depends what your looking for.

If you dont like to rev your car the TDi is great.

But if you want something to raz about in, Id rather have the sport.

To me, a 'sport' should sound quick.

Which the TDi doesn't do.

The nothing..nothing...POWER..nothing engine doesn't do it for me.

A remap can smooth this out, but even after a remap, I would have said the Sport would still out preform it.

yeah looking for one to razz around in(not dangerously) but something i can enjoy chucking about the corners in with and basically have a fun drive where ever i go tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

i was reading the options on parkers and the sports has lowered sports suspension which would make it handle better and it comes standard with an alarm, also i love the interior of the sports eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

looking on autotader i saw one tdi which was a 04/05 plate so dont think im gonna find a 2000 tdi, so sports would be my choice as ive seen couple on autotrader eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

but overall the sports is the one to go for? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , just gotta find a dealers near me with one on the lot because round here they seem to be very rare, especially the lupo sport which i was gonna go for but only seem to find brand new ones glare.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":glare:" border="0" alt="glare.gif" />

this is how rare they are, i have only seen atleast 3 lupo's or arosa's round here laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

sport it is then shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

anyone got proper close pics of a sport because ive never found one to have a close look at and have only seen n sat in the gti eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

sport it is then  shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

anyone got proper close pics of a sport because ive never found one to have a close look at and have only seen n sat in the gti  eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have a look at the lupo sport to. this is just what i think....... but i like the lupo better i know there sort of the same but the lupo does it for me....

will do smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeah originally i was after a lupo sport but i had no luck finding one for under 5k dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> , i only seemed to find brand new ones for 10k sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , so looking towards the arosa as ive seen few sports with quite low mileage for around 4k wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

But a 105mph limit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which roads are we allowed to do that on then?

Mine did 116mph (according to road angel) on an air field in Rossendale

well im looking anything upto 4500 but cant go private as my fez is still on finance so has to be from a dealers soz, but thx anyway smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

whats the lupo got that the arosa hasnt? because if they the same car why is the arosa lighter blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

matt is yours the blue kitted turbo one? if it is then its nice mate and whats the performance of it?

even tho ive been on that part of the site a few times, i never noticed the mk1/mk2 links ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , now seeing that, its the mk2 that im after because i like the front wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Mk6FezToArosaTdi

right a big difference between the Lupo sport and the Arosa sport which makes the arosa better in my oppinion is the arosa sport is insurance group 5 where as for the same car but with a less desirable lighting set up the lupo sport is insurance group 6 which for me anyway means on insurance alone the lupo is about £150 -£200 more than the arosa to insure

If you mean me, no mine is the black mk2 Sport under the 'my car' section. mk1/2 links haven't been on all that long on my site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ah right cool, its a very tidy looking motor eek.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":eek:" border="0" alt="eek.gif" /> , how did it sound before you put the filter on?

I used to have a jazz blue Lupo Sport X plate - i seem to remember that it didnt have sport suspension - i guess they have changed it since then.

Maybe this will help - and i'm certainly not slating either Lupo/Arosa 1.4 16V or TDi: (had both)

Plus points to 1.4 16v Sport. Negative points to 1.4 16v Sport

+Suspension - Insurance

+Centre Exit exhaust - 35MPG if power is used properly

+Fog lights - You have to rev tits of it

+Sport seats

+Spoiler(Arosa only i think)

Plus points to 1.4 TDi Negative points to 1.4 TDI

+Feels alot quicker round town - No sport seats

+Insurance(especially Arosa well cheap) - No Lowered suspension

+Tax £85 12 months - No Centre Exit exhaust

+55MPG if you rag it all day long - No spoiler

+65MPG on long haul - top speed 105mph (but license friendly)

+Tuneability!! £500 = 25-40BHP

+Motorway driving 'easier' in TDI

Worth a mention - anybody else think that a 130bhp TDI in Lupo Gti would be the absolute bomb - has it been done yet?? Maybe if VW had made one they'd hold their value better.

***reposted*** bad formatting

I used to have a jazz blue Lupo Sport X plate - i seem to remember that it didnt have sport suspension - i guess they have changed it since then.

Maybe this will help - and i'm certainly not slating either Lupo/Arosa 1.4 16V or TDi: (had both)

Plus points to 1.4 16v Sport.

+Suspension

+Centre Exit exhaust

+Fog lights

+Sport seats

+Spoiler(Arosa only i think)

Negative points to 1.4 16v Sport

- Insurance

- 35MPG if power is used properly

- You have to rev tits of it

Plus points to 1.4 TDi

+Feels alot quicker round town

+Insurance(especially Arosa well cheap)

+Tax £85 12 months

+55MPG if you rag it all day long

+65MPG on long haul

+Tuneability!! £500 = 25-40BHP

+Motorway driving 'easier' in TDI

Negative points to 1.4 TDI

- No sport seats

- No Lowered suspension

- No Centre Exit exhaust

- No spoiler

- top speed 105mph (but license friendly)

Worth a mention - anybody else think that a 130bhp TDI in Lupo Gti would be the absolute bomb - has it been done yet?? Maybe if VW had made one they'd hold their value better.

not getting arosa or lupo now as i went seat the other day and they dont have the sport and the salesman said they dont make them anymore so theres limited ones, so thats out the window now sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

now theses are my only other alternatives as they pretty much all the same on insurance:

focus 1.6

106 quicksilver

206 1.4 lx

clio 1.4 16v

or take a chance on a twin turbo supra next year when i turn 21 coz the insurance is 2000 fully comp which im willing to pay for such a car shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />

which would you choose? thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Edited by Mk6FezToArosaTdi

Right then

focus 1.6 good car very safe, very bland, handling is skittish. my father in law has one even on damp roads its wants to torque steer everywere. Handling not all that great to be honest can lose loads of money if you get the wrong colour/spec

106 quiksilver wife used to have one and she loved it. Great for knocking about the doors in but got much go in it throttle sensors/temp sensors/idle control valves WILL fail on them head gaskets on the TU series engines are very weak as well. Peugeot dealers are worse then VW ones avoid them like the plague. Being a member of the psooc i know quite a bit about pugs the quiksilver is not a car i would have and in no way would i describe it as quick car at all 1.4 8v mpi engine is the same as old 205 xs but with injection instead of a carb.

206 1.4 lx hum same engine as the quiksilver in a bigger car it is sooooo slow rear visablity is very poor loads of rattles brake discs wear with 25k suspension is crap handling is scary to say the least. You can get a good spec on them but be prepared to pay for it. the seats are very unsupportive. I had one for 2 weeks as a courtesy car and couldn't wait to give it back. hated it with a passion. We've just got rid of a 206 hdi we got that after the quiksilver and couldn't figure out for the life of us why we bought it.

clio 1.4 16v Now i havn't driven one of these but one of the waitresses at work has one and it is a very rapid little car she got a good spec on hers and only paid 4.5 k for a 52 plate from a dealer. alloy wheels, air con, fsh,metallic paint, cd changer cheap insurance and cheap tax.

I would love to say go for the pug but sadly peugeot have lost it in the last 5 years and i wouldn't have another one.

go for the clio loads of them about but that makes them cheaper to get hold of but you will lose qutie alot of money if i were you i would wait till the new model clio comes out that will knock a good chunk off the prices of the older shape

hope this helps

Lee

thats very helpful thx smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> .. ive always like the clio's and they have better spec than the others i mentioned,(well thats what i think) so im gonna go for the clio thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" /> ... im not after new so the new clio's out plus i think its ugly ph34r.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

depends how much of a hurry you are in. when they realeased the mk3 the one you are interested in it knocked hundreds off the residual prices of the mk2 so if you are prepared to wait for a bit then you could get a better deal

im after the mk2 facelift smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well at the moment im out of insurance and been risking driving without some due to needing to get to work, so really dont wanna keep risking it, also thoses cars ive mentioned are just abit more than what the renewal on my fez will be blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> , so be silly not to upgrade to a quicker better car shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" /> , the only thing slowing me down(apart from needing the money) is ive got 3 years hp on my fez and already done the first year but wanna change so gotta try and sort something out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , or i could either stick with the fez till next year and get a 3ltr non turbo supra(round shape one) as they will be under 2k on insurance shifty.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shifty:" border="0" alt="shifty.gif" />