Cd options?

Joe

hi

my girlfriend has just brought a 99 T 1.0 Lupo. Its got the standard stereo in at the moment (tape) need to check which one. But anyway, its a got a spare DIN slot under it.

She wants to be able to use CD's, so I have offered to change the Headunit to an aftermarket piece. But, girls being girls, she said no, because she like the colours on the standard one, and most aftermarket ones have different colours lol.

So What Cd changersare available for the car, and could I fit a unit into this spare DIN slot?

thanks for any help

joe

Im not up on what models have what, but Im sure the wiring loom would be the same an all models so...

VW do a standard in dash changer (Dont know the price but Im sure someone here will have it!)

If she likes the colours she can still get an aftermarket headunit as many now come with a blue display and red buttons.

Hi,

I've got a 6 disc sony changer for sale that will work with your standard lupo head unit. It has a small adapter that fits behind the head unit and allows the sony to work with the vw head unit. It works well and is only for sale because I've upgraded to an Alpine head unit.

If you're interested, p.m. me, or call me on 07811 655791

• 3 weeks later...

Joe - you need a Gamma head unit to do this - not the one fitted. You can pick these up on eBay cheaply enough. Then you choose either a 6 disk or 1 disk changer that fits in the DIN nice and easy. Again, these are on eBay a lot.

its dead simple and if you sell your other unit on eBay should only cost you about £130.

cheers

hi

thanks for the replies

so I;m after a gamma Head unit and DIN size cd changer

great, ill keep my eyes peeled to ebay

thanks again

joe

If it's any help I've been after a VAG CD player to slot in the dash with my Gamma head unit for a while.

From what I've seen on EBay, so are loads of other ppl!! Some bloke had a job lot and he first put them on for a "Buy It Now" price of £110 & £9 delivery and then £120 & £9 delivery. I'm not sure that they were even brand new but they all sold for the "Buy It Now" price and didn't reach the end of the auction. Bear in mind that a CD player from a stealer is £170 brand new!

I've got a JVC head in my car but have got the common problems of it losing it's setting whenever you turn off the ignition. The adapters from Halfords cure the problem but stop your deadlocks working!! The only cure it to rewire the VAG "plug" for the back of the radio yourself.

I spoke to 16vArosa who has put an Alpine into his car. Sounds pretty good, but you have to wire it to the battery apparantly.

If anyone can recommend a CD player that fits into the dash and doesn't lose it's settings

eed rewiringsell for stupid amounts on EBay , i.e., suitable for a lazy scrote like myself then I'm interested. :thumbs: :thumbs:

You shouldnt have any issues changing the head units out - the issue with losing the settings - change the wiring in the adaptor and stop being such a lazy ***.

Blaupunkt make a unit that fits in the dash - Matty bought mine off me - dunno where it went from him - but I thought it was a pretty good unit..

I have a Sony in dash cd player for sale - active black panel so when it is off it is gloss black finish, when the display is open the illumination is all red/blue like VW colours.

Headunit and 6disk md changer for £170 - can post more info if anyone interested.

Bearing in mind I'm a numpty when it comes to car electrics, and am worried about "busting it" or causing a fire, how easy is it to rewire the adapter.

Probably a question of Beer Monsta this, though anyone else can feel free to answer. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />