Beta HU and VW 6 disc changer - I know nothing...

Just bought Lupo TDI with the Beta HU and we are looking into CD options.

I have a New Beetle with the VW 6 disc changer in the boot and want to change it for an MP3 player so I was thinking of putting the changer in the Lupo.

In the Beetle there is wiring to the boot for a changer but I doubt this is the case for the Lupo as the `in-dash` changer is an option. I guess I will have to run wiring to the back for the changer. Anyone have any experience of this and have any helpful ideas on the best way of doing this? Does the Beta HU have a jack or wiring ready to accept the changer?

Is the Nefarious off EVO?

My brother in law had wired a CD Changer into the boot of his Arosa, which is the same, I can have a word with him

But I'm not sure if the Beta will accept a changer...someone on here should know, though?

QUOTE(nefarious)
Just bought Lupo TDI with the Beta HU and we are looking into CD options.

Does the Beta HU have a jack or wiring ready to accept the changer?

I've got a Loop TDi too - snap tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I've also got a Beta Headunit (I take it you mean cassette?! - girl question!) and I've got a Panasonic 6 disc changer in the boot so it is possible :thumbs: The wiring is there aparently

Didn't fit it myself - had it done at an alarm/stereo fitting place but never mind

Dunno if this is any help ???

QUOTE(MattyB)
Is the Nefarious off EVO?

My brother in law had wired a CD Changer into the boot of his Arosa, which is the same, I can have a word with him

But I'm not sure if the Beta will accept a changer...someone on here should know, though?

Sorry, no not off EVO...

The Beta has the CD button, so I should hope it does accept a changer (even says NO CHANGER when you press the button).

Lynsey - thanks, will have another look. I did lift the boot carpet and start to remove grommets and bungs biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> but couldn't see anything, will look again properly next time.

Hey Nef - good to see ya.

In the earlier Lupo days the changer was a boot mount option - which (IMO) was daft as the changer bracket bolts to the back of one of the rear seats and fills half og the rear of the boot. I can check my garage I may have the mounting stuff still kicking around (cant remember if I threw it out or not).

I actually removed my boot changer and brought the Blaupunkt 5disk indash changer which was ok, but not as cool as the VW single slot one.

As for the wiring well if it is built like the Audi A2 then there will be no wiring at all, so you'll need to run them back. Mine ran from H/U down, under carpet along centre tunel, along carpet just under the rear seat to the passenger side, up behind the trim panel and into the boot area.

• 3 weeks later...

is it worth the effort?

whynot spend the money on a higher quality head unit with MP3?

mp3 disks hold about 10 normal cd's worth and take up inly 1 stereo slot, plus you can then wire in rear speakers off the head units amp. and power up the standard ones better ising the head unit amp.

The standard front speakers are quite good if you use a good enought headunit or a separate amp to run them.