Bloody locking wheel nuts!!

Rob GTI

Well, i'm getting my wheels refurbed so tried to get them off, get three wheels off fine but the locking wheel nut key slips off of the nut every time we try to undo it on the last one. Any suggestions?

Edited by Rob GTI

yes a cheapish one will snap because most wheels nuts have been done up with a windy gun but tap the head of the nut and that may help as said above

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

once they are off get some good quality strong locking nuts too, my gti ones the 3 holes are no longer round but kinda oval shape cos some idiot tightened em up to much.

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Edited by Alfie

i'm in exactly the same boat as you mate just tried to take the wheel off so i can lube up all the nuts and bolts for when i do the bearing tomorrow and it just keeps slipping off angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

does anyone know were to get one of these from i have tried everywere and can't find one

Edited by pimpy

If it's the special 'key' that is the problem I think you can get a duplicate from VW - your special 'key' should have a number on the top so they can get you another one (for instance mine is fifty ***).

Get some McGard Locking wheel nuts - they are pure quality and always come out top on 'product-tests' that I have read. I'm getting some soon . . .

Get some McGard Locking wheel nuts - they are pure quality and always come out top on 'product-tests' that I have read. I'm getting some soon . . .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

had two set of those on my 306 and they where reall heavy duty stuff, not flimsy like the lupo ones!

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />