Schmidt Modern Line Alloys

Nealie

Hi

Think they're gonna have to be a "must have" on the new Loop.

http://www.schmidt-wheels.co.uk/

Website says they only do 8x15…is that right? What size tyres will I need and what offset is best to go for? Any rubbing problems when lowered?

(Might go for coilovers at the same time too….or possibly just springs as I cant go too low as it'll never get in the driveway and we use it every day)

Thanks all

Neal

Ps - anyone got any pics of a Loop/Modern Line combo?????

Edited by Nealie

Yes 8x15" is the smallest size, they do bigger ones but they'd probably look crap on the lupo. Tyre wise it depends what you want, i've got 8x15" modern lines on my cabby with 195/45/15 Toyos, they look great IMO but it depends if you want a stretch or not?

I think whatever offset you go for they're gonna stick out a bit. I think i'd go for ET25 on the lupo though. Again it depends what you want.

There's some pics of lupos on ML's here http://www.tunershop.co.uk/ look in the gallery bit.

They are lovely wheels, they are quite a decent price too! Whats going on with the deep dish TSW Venom style wheel on that schmidt site?! Horrible and bloody expensive.

Edited by Adam

Ps - anyone got any pics of a Loop/Modern Line combo?????

i know these are th line, and its not a lupo - but there a smashing wheel in general !

you cannot go wrong with these wheels. My mate sells them - http://www.autosystems.ie/catalog/

I have 8.0*15 and 9.0*15

DSC_0002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Alan VW

Schmidt MLs are a nice looking wheel but the laquer is very thin and their customer support is unsupportive to say the least, a little dissapointing when you've just forked out £500+ for bare single peice wheels.

If you're planning to use the car much and you drive hardish, be prepared to be cleaning these DAILY. Leave brake dust on them for more than 24 hours and bingo! Brake dust etching. I cleaned my MLs every day except once when they went 48 hours and there was laquer peeling off withing 3 months. Needless to say Schmidt didn't want to do anything about it.

I have pics of what happened to my rims if anyone is remotely interested, and I know how to look after wheels. My previous Ronal LS went 2 years and were unmarked when I sold them on.

Sorry to put a downer on it. If I had to have the same style wheels again I would have Revolution RFX.

Is that your golf alan? I'm sure i've seen it somewhere before, DeomVW maybe? Nice car that's for sure!  cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for highjacking, yes that is my car - currently up for sale.

Nice drive way you have wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laquer peeling off

the wrong cleaning product was used for that to happen.

what offset should i be looking for?

8x15 , et 25

The schmidt space are a nice wheel too, very modern looking i think and i like the bolts the are on the dish, makes it look like a cool 2 piece wheel.