Juddery in the mornings

Ryn

Anyone else get this? First thing when started up, back out of my drive, put her in first, and she wants to kangaroo hop all the way down my road laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Switch to second and it settles down.

Is this something to do with the silly location of the air intake?

It seems to be something GTi owners suffer from.

From what I can gather, the ECU has two settings.

A stock, let arressive setting, that stops the judering, and the one you will have.

Are you letting the engine warm up before driving it?

Yes, I think all GTIs suffer from this - I've heard something of a software change which will remove this problem for a compromise in performance, but I've not experienced it first hand.

It can be quite embarrasing, but should go away fairly quickly after warm up.

Mine does this even if you let the engine warm up first. Its had a software upgrade which stopped for a while but now its back. Best way to deal with it is just to accept that it does it and always will.

mine does it too, not somthing to worry about imo, just a bit of a pain in the ass when some fit chicks are passing! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You should see me when I've not driven the Loop for a week!

A week mashing my mini pedals as hard as I can then get in the super-sensitive GTI and I look a right knob first 1/2 mile until my foot "learns" again, made twice as bad by all the speed humps in my street biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by twisty b-road

Glad it's not just mine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Normally leave her to warm a little before I drive her and I still get it. It feels like the engine is being starved of air via the intake. Once you are away and the engine is sucking it settles down.

Even if she isn't warmed up I always drive her carefully for a few minutes anyway, treat my baby with respect smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />