Tyre size help

Mais

I brought some new wheels 6Jx14”, sorted them out but I have no idea what size tyre to put on them.. currently have 185/55/14 but I’m putting the car on coilovers too so was thinking a lower profile or maybe a bit of stretch, anyone have any advice? πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€žπŸ»

IMG_5884.jpeg

Nice colour! I'd just stick with the tyres you have. Everything should just work nicely then (assuming the new rims have same offset). If you went up to 16", then it'd get interesting. I think someone on here has fitted 17s but it was very close to rubbing on the fronts. @RichΒ care to comment? Or was it @Pete?

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

Nice colour! I'd just stick with the tyres you have. Everything should just work nicely then (assuming the new rims have same offset). If you went up to 16", then it'd get interesting. I think someone on here has fitted 17s but it was very close to rubbing on the fronts. @RichΒ care to comment? Or was it @Pete?

Thanks! Took me the longest time to perfect the paint as the rims were in a total state when I got them 😳

I have a feeling I’m going to have to stick with 1855514 but I work for a tyre company so have no issues sourcing other sizes, just wondered if anyone had any advice on what is best to run? Found some 1855014s which might work but unsure how they would run with the coilovers πŸ€”

(This is my first car I’m actually doing any mods to so am a little naive I think)Β 

Get the coil overs on with the '55s and go from there... Did you shot blast the rims? Expensive if you pay someone to do it. Pic of your new 'rosa? Can't wait to see it with those rims on.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Get the coil overs on with the '55s and go from there... Did you shot blast the rims? Expensive if you pay someone to do it. Pic of your new 'rosa? Can't wait to see it with those rims on.

That sounds like the best plan! I got someone to acid dip them, seems I know a lot of handy people πŸ˜ƒ then just spent days cleaning them up and prepping them before spraying..

I need to get the bonnet wrapped or resprayed as the lacquer has peeled top down which is odd haha and she has some annoying scratches but nothing a bit of love won’t solve 🀞🏻

I only seem to have photos of the inside haha or covered in snow foam but so far on the outside changed the rear lights to the lupo ones, sun strip and got a black badge for the front & debadged her   😳

IMG_5042.jpeg

IMG_5212.jpeg

IMG_5211.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg

IMG_5386.jpeg
Β 

Edited by Mais
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:00 PM, mk2 said:

Oh my! Nice....Β 

finally got the the tyres fitted and the coilovers arrived 🀞🏻 going to run the 1855514s for a bit, get my moneys worth then look at going 175 or 165 for a bit of stretch πŸ€”

IMG_6047.jpeg

IMG_6051.jpeg

IMG_6073.jpeg

• Like 1