Greetings from Cov!

Mandybiscuits

Hi all, I've just become the proud owner of a 2003 1.0 Lupo in Fresco Green. After driving much more modern cars for a few years, it's taking a bit of getting used to 😅

I've previously had Mk2, 3 and 4 Golfs and currently drive my partner's Mk7 TDI for longer trips (or if I ever want to get above 60mph)

Expecting a few issues to pop up with this Lupo as the clutch doesn't feel great, it's only done 66k but it feels like it's on it's way out. Also does anyone know if it's normal for the revs to go super low when in reverse? I'm stalling it constantly when I'm parking, which is a tad embarrassing!

Expect lots more newbie questions from me over the coming months :) Will upload a pic when it lets me, keep getting error messages!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's slightly creaky, however I don't know if it's just the huge contrast between a 20 year old clutch in the Lupo and a 6 year old clutch in the Golf that I've been used to up until now.

Having driven it for a few weeks now I am getting more used to it. It's so much fun to drive!!! 

381056308_10163256802357306_3841844288449386814_n.jpg

• Like 1

Uh oh... looks like a new Lupo addict... :)

Sharp looking Lupo. Nice 👍🏻

Yeah, quick way to tell if it's the pedal box, by seeing if the rest position of the clutch pedal is below the brake pedal. If all at the same height, chances are that the pedal mounting box is ok, and it might just need an adjustment. @Rich is usually on the money.

Edited by mk2

Thanks for the tip, I'll check that! I have got a mechanic taking a look at it at the end of the month, see if there's anything obvious that needs doing. 

It looks nice from that side... sadly there's a big dent on the other side :( I'll get some quotes to fix it at some point but it's low priority right now. First job will be getting some new speakers as they sound horrendous and I need to drown out the engine sound 😂