2000 AUTOMATIC 1.4 VW Lupo "stalling" when idle / slowing down

Dom95

Let me start by saying I have absolutely no clue with cars and this is my first. VW Lupo 2000 reg 1.4 40,000 miles on the clock.

I have had this issue for about a month now, when slowing down the car starts to shake / judder and will eventually "stall" I'm not sure if this is true stalling but the engine will cut off and the orange battery (Alternator?) light will come on. The radio does not cut out. 

I have had it checked by 3 garages, I have had the plugs replaced / cleaned, the alternator replaced and the battery replaced but the issue is still happening. Car starts right back up when turning the ignition with the car in P.

Pretty sure I've spent £500 getting the above done for no reason and this is either normal for old auto's or an easy fix but any advice would be amazing as I am clueless and lost. The car never cuts out when moving at speed, only when slowing down or reversing very slowly. Also appears to only happen when the engine has been going for about an hour or so. 

I'd do two things.

One, I'd try spraying carb cleaner in the throttle slowly whilst running in little bursts.

Secondly, I'd do the crank sensor, but the instant restart makes this the second thing I'd try.