Tyre for Gti

davy26

So having look around. Alot of places don't even sell that size. But its something i have monitored on/off.

So two options have come up.

ATS Euromaster seem to imply they can get them but you have to order them pairs. https://www.atseuromaster.co.uk/tyres/toyo/proxes-tr1/205-45-r15-81-v

Demontweaks have said stock is due in but can take up to 60 days. https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/toyo-proxes-tr1-tyre-2005832/

I hope this helps. I will keep looking into this

Further to this. I used the Toyo branch locators. None of them seem to get 205/45/r15

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response - much appreciated.  I had already checked just about everywhere and did find one which I'm picking up today. Shortage seems routine with this tyre and I've never been able to get replacements straightway, off the shelf. I know plenty of owners advocate an alternative size/model, but I just like the look of the car on the Proxes - the rear view/stance on 205 together with the centre exhaust tips is to me one of the very best aesthetic things about the Gti. Annoyingly, the one remaining tyre for which I don't yet have a replacement has lots of tread left, but is suffering with the familiar age-related superficial sidewall cracking. Hoping to find one as I'm having my Bathursts powder-coated next month. regards, David

DSC_0039_00039.jpg

• Like 1