Lupo GTI Rear Brake part NLA...help!!

Hi all! I've a Lupo GTI which, following a service, has a part on the rear brakes which could do with being replaced. This seems to be NLA from Volkswagen. In the image below it is part number 15 and I need a left and a right part or indeed a part number to try and locate a replacement. Any thoughts as to where I might be able to source replacement parts??  Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_20220913-081825.png

15 is the handbrake cable, part number is 6X0 609 721 E. These are obsolete from VW but says they're available through VW Heritage parts, hopefully the link works!

Heritage Parts Centre - Classic Parts

12A I would imagine your best bet would be to get aftermarket braided lines. As for 10A/11A mk4 Golf ones fit with some bending. I haven't done it but there was a thread on here not so long ago where someone else was after the same thing and resorted to doing that

• Thanks 1

The hard lines are easily made, I would have thought your mechanic could make them up. A brake flaring kit isn't out of the realm of the diyer either, there's some cheap ones around £30 but Lazer make a really nice one for about £80 that does SAE and DIN flares and usable while lines are still on the car, handy when splicing in a new bit of line.

Hel make a braided line kit for the Gti.
https://auto.helperformance.com/hel-braided-brake-lines-for-volkswagen-lupo-1-6-gti-2000

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RvB said:

The hard lines are easily made, I would have thought your mechanic could make them up. A brake flaring kit isn't out of the realm of the diyer either, there's some cheap ones around £30 but Lazer make a really nice one for about £80 that does SAE and DIN flares and usable while lines are still on the car, handy when splicing in a new bit of line.

Hel make a braided line kit for the Gti.
https://auto.helperformance.com/hel-braided-brake-lines-for-volkswagen-lupo-1-6-gti-2000

Thanks for this and I agree. That was the next option for us if not able to get a purchased part. 

The ETKA picture is slightly confusing (no surprise there!)

12A doesn't relate to the GTI, you need 12 which is part number 6Q0 611 775 B (x2)

10A is part number 6X0 611 763 C and is obsolete from VW

11A is part number 6X0 611 764 D and is still available from VW

I also remember someone on here modding some Mk4 Golf lines. I've been told the HEL braided lines need the hole in the mounting bracket slightly enlarged to get them to fit properly.

• Thanks 1