SDI Suspension Arm /Wishbone length?

So while I've got the subframe off to sort the corrosion issue for the next MOT, I'm basically replacing all the perishables that have had to come off in the process (and upgrading the hubs/front brakes to the sport ones while i'm on) which includes the front suspension arms/wishbones.

But the new ones i've got are just under 1cm longer horizontally to the ball joint than the old ones? Part no. is 6N0/6X0 407 151A on the new ones (which seems to be the same for most Lupos). The old ones that have come off have been on the car for about 12 years, so aren't the factory fitted ones.

So my question is, will it make any difference once the alignment is done, or is it important i get the correct length ones? 51 plate, so was there a point where they changed something after?

So the original ones that were fitted are wrong? Wierd.

Although worth checking that the ball joint mounting holes might be in the same place on the new ones... So the overall length doesn't matter.

If the new ones are different, it'll throw the entire alignment out. A lot.

Shouldn't really post things around midnight, the new ones are actually the ones that are shorter:

rolJCwH.jpg

The ball joint mounts seems to match for the most part?

S3mU9Rj.jpg

Think I’ve a pair of new shorter ones spare. I had same problem and on my arosa found the shorter ones made the ns drive shaft rub on the subframe when braking hard.