Jump to content

Arosa 1000cc and Gas/Lpg ?


anotherone
 Share

Recommended Posts

hello to forum.

i have one Arosa 1000cc, the model is 2000.

i bought it recently from a person that inform me that this car was stopped for 3-4 years in a garage with 108000km.

The problem is the fuel consumption. i just touch the pedal without persons inside without going more than 60km/h and i have 7.5 litters per 100km or 9 litters if i am going normal.

is it good idea to put lpg in this car? i know i will have a small tank like 26 litters or 31 litters like one person told me but is it a good idea?

Do i have to wait for problems after?

Thank you

Edited by anotherone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • anotherone changed the title to Arosa 1000cc and Gas/Lpg ?

Try finding the problem... Using VCDS or similar diagnostics, check the sensors on the engine. It might simply be the temperature sensor needs replacing.

Welcome to club lupo :)

pics of car?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you tried compression and emission test? Looks like your car consumes littlebit too much. You can set up LPG system on lupo, even the cheap versions works fine, but first your car always must work perfectly on petrol, only then you can try to run LPG system and use the cheap fuel, because it is harder to ignite and burn LPG than petrol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, mk2 said:

Try finding the problem... Using VCDS or similar diagnostics, check the sensors on the engine. It might simply be the temperature sensor needs replacing.

Welcome to club lupo :)

pics of car?

you mean that my car consumes so much fuel because of a problem? a temperature sensor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ObjectiveAway said:

Did you tried compression and emission test? Looks like your car consumes littlebit too much. You can set up LPG system on lupo, even the cheap versions works fine, but first your car always must work perfectly on petrol, only then you can try to run LPG system and use the cheap fuel, because it is harder to ignite and burn LPG than petrol.

what are the "compression and emission test" ? shall i ask my engineer to do it?

i have the "EPC" many times on my dashboard but in the garage told me that is something simple in the brake system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

what are the "compression and emission test" ? shall i ask my engineer to do it?

i have the "EPC" many times on my dashboard but in the garage told me that is something simple in the brake system.

emission test is only possible with proper equipment and it will show if you have any unburn fuel in your emissions.

compression test will show if your engine is in good condition or not, you can do compression test yourself if you borrow or buy compression tester. In same time you will be able to check spark plugs.
 

Secondly, I think you might have a lot of misfires, because EPC never shows up for no reason. Try to open your hood in the night or dark space, you will probably notice misfires. Misfires could be the reason for excessive fuel consumption as well. If thats it, you will at least need to replace spark plugs and wires, I recommend to check and clean cranckcase breather as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, anotherone said:

you mean that my car consumes so much fuel because of a problem? a temperature sensor?

Yes, from what you describe, my guess is that there is a fault somewhere. I think the only way to find it is by using diagnostics like vcds, or similar system. The most common problem with our Lupos is when they start to use more fuel than normal, but otherwise run just fine. It is usually the coolant temperature sensor... But to be certain, you need to connect a diagnostics system to the car.

Where are you in the world?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your answers.

i will try to do it the next days/week.

About the Emissions i will go to ask for a quick check in the place we visit every couple of years (to see if the car is good enough to stay on the roads, i do not know the name in English)

can i ask for some other quick check there if they do it for free?

i have already some new expensive sparks .

i live in Greece/Crete.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We need to see a pic of your Lupo near the sea with beautiful scenery... 👍🏻

Does your water temperature gauge work ok? Have you changed the engine air filter?

Edited by mk2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.