its hear and i love it

hotoshinken

picked up my gti this mornin and i love it, wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> surprised by the power, it flys! handles super and gets a lot of looks, but half after pickin it up the d/s window starts playin up, its as if the theres sumat tight on the motor because it gets half way up gets realy tight then goes back down. phoned the vw garage and its going back in monday to be fixed, there guna give me a loan car so supose all aint bad.

But after reading every1 sayin how much they love their car i now excatly what evry1s goin on about, glad i sold the celica for it.

now the mods can begin! (well when iv got some money again).

3 posts of this ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />:o (not ur fault its the slow forums fault)

wot colour u go for?

glad to hear you love the motor mate, the blue ones are pretty hard to come by, i think i just got lucky with mine! I wasn't actually looking for a blue one, i just wanted a decent low mileage lupo gti then i saw mine in the garage and i knew there and then that iwanted it, picked it up a week later and ive never looked back

Edited by Adam

The leccy windows thing is really common

Had my passenger side done a few times

The first time they told me "we don't know if the motor/regulator we put in will be the better, the same, or worse than the one we took out until we put it in and try it"

Last time the dealer did mine they told me it was a new type of motor/regulator

I'd touch some wood if there was any nearby, and I'm not tempting fate by making a comment on the last one that went in

Congratulations! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've had the window problem too, the dealers sorted it with a bit of lubrication. Although i left the printout of the topic on how to fix it on the passenger seat to make sure. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I had the same window problem, my dealer did feck all about it, smeared grease all over the inside of my door, and said Adjustments arent under warranty thus charged me £77...

My window now works, but brings up a Tubs worth of Silkolene Grease every time i raise the window.

yes i did mean 3700 miles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloody hell, its barely even run in, and the engine won't nearly be into its stride. Who owns a car for 3 years and does 3700 miles, even Ferrari owners do more miles in 3 years than that biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />.

Good for you though, hows its service history?

full vw servive every 12 months at the dealer the fella brought it from.

think i was lucky coming across it.

Thats reassuring. A very good find.

Still, personally I'd be more worried about a car thats done 3700 miles in the same time as another has done 37,000, but thats just me.