1.4 75 hp swap to 100 hp

nuccio

Hi friends i need specific informations about differences between lupo 75 hp and 100hp. My friend said me that it change only intake air mainfolds and trhottle nd not the camshafts and exhaust...possibile? Anyway i had other solution to swap..i have a complete polo 6n 101 hp engine but not electronics..can i use the engine with my ecu?? Thanks

I'm not sure how similar the 75bhp and 100bhp engines are but swapping an entire engine for only an extra 25bhp wont be worth it, your hardly notice the difference with such a small bhp gain. If your going down the route of swapping engines then put something decent in it like a 1.8t or similar or your be feeling pretty short changed for just 20/25bhp.

Edited by FlipFlops

The 100bhp sport model comes with stiffer [slightly lower] suspension and rear discs as standard, a much better car to drive than the 75bhp model, the only negative is a higher insurance group, the mpg difference is negligible

Edited by weslangdon
punctuation

On 10/3/2016 at 6:43 PM, nuccio said:

Hi friends i need specific informations about differences between lupo 75 hp and 100hp. My friend said me that it change only intake air mainfolds and trhottle nd not the camshafts and exhaust...possibile? Anyway i had other solution to swap..i have a complete polo 6n 101 hp engine but not electronics..can i use the engine with my ecu?? Thanks

Which polo 6N Engine code? the AFH is good for 140hp at the flywheel with little modification.