Software Coding: 00031

Work Shop Code: WSC 01286

Additional Info: WVWZZZ6EZ1W004*** VWZ1Z0Y1031***

2 Faults Found:

17759 - Cam Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal at Starting

P1351 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16685 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

P0301 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Thats What was found. The car has been hesitant recently and its probably the HT leads. I had changed this lead already, its got a used one in it that a mate had lying around.

Does anyone know If/where you can get a new (decent) set of leads from somewhere other than the stealers? I know of someone who paid £70 for set for a mk3 VR6, don't fancy paying that much.

Has anyone got an idea of what the other fault is? it sometimes throws up an engine check light, then clears itself. unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Dad's Golf occasionally used to throw this one up.

I had a nose about under the bonnet and found it was the block connector that connects onto the sensor itself. Problem being it must have not been that water tight.. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I cleaned the contacts and put a fine bead of silicone sealant round it. No problems now. (touches wood)

I have this issue but weirdly mine isnt logging a fault.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you've filled up the ECU memory with all the other faults wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Did you find out what the engine one was about?

GTI leads are about 45 quid from the dealer for a set.

I have this issue but weirdly mine isnt logging a fault.  think mine is pinking too - hopefully its all a dodgy ht lead

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your leads are possibly not as far gone as mine. It seems to get worse when its hot and the stereo is up high, which points to electrical prob.ie less current available to overcome resistance in HT lead. Or rubber around lead gets softer opening up a hole which can then arc onto the engine. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

• 1 month later...
GTI leads are about 45 quid from the dealer for a set.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont know if you guys are still needing some HT Leads, but VAG Parts are quoteing £10.14 + VAT for the Polo GTi.

I cant imagen theres any diffrence?

Click Here

part number time hehe!!

cyl no1 - 036 905 430 R

cyl no2 - 036 905 430 S

cyl no3 - 036 905 430 T

cyl no4 - 036 905 430 AA

retail price for all of them is £54.57 inc vat, don't get much discount on them myself!

Looking at all the gremlins these cars suffer from makes me wonder why i still want one blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Steve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The joys of moden day motoring Im afraid sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

yeah, had my own spell of gremlins!!

took my car into work to have new rear discs and pads ( at 22k!), and have an exhaust rattle looked at. the rattle turned out to be the cat falling apart inside!!! had it all changed, thankfully under warranty, and 2 days later, the emc light came on. drove it home, opened the bonnet, closed it, and the light went out. so i took it into work, had it put on 1551, threw up bank 1 lambda probe fault. technician said it was probably due to the wiring being disturbed, or possibly a bit of dirt on the end of the sensor! i'm slowly having most of my car replaced under warranty, still need to get my high level brake light re-done (4th time!), and maybe the door check rods!! but for some reason, i still love my car!!!!

Edited by lupogtiboy

Had another fault the other day. ECP light came on no power. Turned off ignition started again and it was ok. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

17796 - Internal Control Module Malfunction

P1388 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Apparently fault code means drive by wire error. But dont What to do to resolve it. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />