Lupo 1.4tdi no power before turbo kicks in

Crazyspeedfreakz

Hi there peeps,

I have a vw lupo 1.4 tdi that has a running issue Basicly the turbo kicks in at 2krpm the issue is prior to this there is no / limited power so between idle and 2k the power is massively down and its so slow its dangerous pulling out at junctions etc..

I pulled 1 fault code with a vag reader which was 17964 which through looking would be the n75 valve but I think this would only affect the boost but the lupo is boosting fine..

I took off the egr valve which was thick with gunk and gave it a good clean but the issue still persists

Is anyone had a simular issue or able to advise on what I could do next to rectify the issue...

Many thanks in advance :)

Csf

I was thinking that maybe the cam timing had been knocked out when the belt had been done.

Step one, replace all vacuum hoses, use ear clips on the ends and clean all the crap out of the whole system.

If you're really bored take off the inlet and clean all the crap out, egr valve too.

This might actually solve it.

Hi rich, thanks for you help first of all ... Cupple of things, if it was a hose issue would that not be turbo related as the turbo pulls fine but secondly and more importantly can u elaborate on "the whole system"

I don't mind pulling what I can get to apart and as per op I cleaned the egr but didn't check that it was moving ??? Which I was told I should do...

Yep I did think this but would it not through a eml if it was, and also wouldn't it show on the vag scan ?? Is there anyway of checking it or is the only way to replace with new ??

Many thanks

it should really show on a scanner?

you could try cleaning the sensor with the correct cleaner, but becarefull you dont damage i completely. the maf can cause all types of problems, mainly the power of the car can feel very flat at times.... no oooooomph so to speak!