Steve TDI

H&R vs Eibach Springs.

What have people used and what have you thought of them? I'm 31 now and can't take a harsh ride.

My Arosa already has Bilstein B-4 dampers with Eibach springs, BUT, I bought the springs second hand and i've put atleast 60k on them. So I think it's time for some new ones.

Let me know what you think.

H&R Springs. Works out at £103 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-Federn-ABE-30mm-29529-2-Seat-Arosa-6H-6HS-Diesel-Tieferlegung-Sportfedern-/190779564771

Eibach Springs. Works out at £107 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EIBACH-ProKit-Federn-30mm-fur-VW-Lupo-SEAT-Arosa-E8562-140-E8111-140-/390958046456

Edited by Steve TDI

So you run on Eibachs now?

I'm on Eibachs and Bilstein dampers, not a harsh ride, but it is bumpy on not-so-smooth roads.

Yeah, It's got them now. It can be a little bumpy on all the roads round here. Lucky to find a smooth one!

So has no one used H&R springs?

If it helps, I run h&r 35/55 on my 6r and they are a decent ride, slighly sloppy though. I am on standard shocks though.

Would the cheap coilovers give you a better ride? I know decent coilovers can give better comfort than oem but I don't know if the £170 ones are decent.

The H&R is about the same lowering. I think the only two solutions are to make a custom top mount rubber to lower the car another 10mm or fit coilovers.

I'm not sure about the H&R springs in the link, but the ones that come with the H&R comfort kit (springs & dampers) sit lower on the back than the Eibach pro kit.

make a custom top mount rubber to lower the car another 10mm

That's actually a great idea