front shocks. . .need an exploded view pic please

benters

hi all. my sport failed its MOT on a leaking shock, which was only a year old :( however i noticed on removal that the bearing was knackered and fell apart in my hand. I needed the car so reassembled it so i can drive to work to order the part etc, and whilst it feels fine, there is an occasional noise (DOOINNG) which is no surprise i suppose. My journey is very short and the car as i say feels fine, but wanting to fit and replace the bearing correctly does anyone have an exploded view of the strut etc with all its bits labelled. I did use the search feature, and what i need. . .a walk through. . . is there but the pics wont load . .can anyone help out ?

Personally, I'd save yourself the hassle, head down your local friendly scrapyard and buy an entire strut, cost me about a fiver for a good one, spring, top mount as well. Most scrappies will whip it off the car then reassemble it giving you all the parts and then just put it on lock stock.

If you've fitted a new shock, you could just replace that bearing with the one from the scrappy.

thanks guys,

i have bought the shock already and i am not into second hand parts when the new ones are so cheap. I was replacing the wishbone too in this job and just wanted to get it all done at once. . .so when imagine my delight when it crumbled on removal :( i should have ordered one of those too, but we live and learn ! or try too.

i take it the bearing fits one way only ?

Sorry to be a dunce, but i cant tell from the pic.