bonnet lever

newlupoowner

hi all

my bonnet lever has completely snapped off and i am currently using two adjustable spanners to open the bonnet catch :thumbup: i was just wondering how easy these are to replace if any one could help me out

thanks

Dunno, but mines been wobbly ever since I've had it! :surprised:

yeah first day i got it needed to change the battery pulled lever.....lever came off in hand and bonnet was still closed needless to say there were some choice words been used :rant: soo looks like ill be sticking with the adjust spanners for now untill i can have a proper look at it :(

The issue is that people take the car apart without removing the handle properly.

There's a clip at the back and a knack to it.

ahhh cheers rich

will have a look tomorrow at some point during that thing called daylight! and see whats what

Checked mine today, and sure enough the central spindle looks like it's snapped off. Looks like someone forced it off when they fixed the pedal box... Rich do you have a pic of the clip thats meant to hold it on? I'll fabricate a new one, when i know what it looks like.

I found my retaining clip... (dropped down behind the sound wadding). Some sort of 'mechanic' must have removed it in the 'wrong way' to get to the wiring behind the panel. The wiring is another long story.

Here's what I removed- which hopefully might help someone else.

bfnuow.jpg

I have found a brand new back plate and 'unbroken lever' on Ebay. The seller has loads in stock for a fiver incl postage. That'll be the easiest fix. Bin the back plate and only use the lever bit as the back plate is for a golf.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131225778452

Although I'm tempted to drill the lever out, and machine up a new shaft out of ali that'll never break. Not the best design from V dub.

Like this:

28jehqp.jpg