Engine check light

WS6

Started the car for the first time in 2 weeks and it started but felt lumpy. Pulled off the drive and headed down the road, got to just under 3000rpm and engine check light came on. Drove round the block and home, seemed really under powered. Came to put the car back on the drive later today, light comes straight on and stays on, lacks power and sounds a bit 'tappy'. Manual says exhaust emission warning. Anyone else had this? Just want an idea of what it might be before I decide to go to main stealer or just my local garage.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Possibly o2 sensor on it's way out, also I'd say the tappy noise was probably already there but you've just noticed it more now that there is an issue with the car, but stranger things have happened, they could be related, but I doubt it.

A mate bought his box of tricks round, plugged it in and seems its a misfire on cylinder 1. 4 new spark plugs put in and it seems problem solved, if that's all it then it's nice cheap fix. Makes you wonder what some garages check/replace on a service