New Online Quotation facility

Sky Insurance

Please feel free to check out our new online quotation facility here:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/insurance-quote.html

If you have any problems using the facility, any questions or feedback, please let us know.

Please note, this will not work for everyone, for anything highly modified we'd need to speak to you on the phone. If anyone gets a price which is over £1500 or seems uncompetitive against your current price/other insurers, please request a call back here:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/call_back_new.phtml

Quick quote, 300 odd quid, nice. Full quote adding mods costing a total under 200 quid, none of them affecting performance, 1400. Either I did something wrong or lowering springs & cosmetic mods mean I am absoutely guaranteed to write my car off wihtin the next year :huh: It only cost a grand haha

• 2 weeks later...

are you able to offer it to 17yr olds yet??? or is still the old rules you worked off?

I'm afraid our minimum criteria remains:

19 or over with 2 years driving experience for TPFT

21 or over with 2 years driving experience for fully comprehensive cover

We are looking at a young driver rate but it's still in the pipeline.

oooooooooo!

Called you the other day regarding a Daihatsu Storia X4. Had no idea what it was :s Mind you, it is a very rare car!

Think I might go back to an old Charade GTti. Wonder what the insurance is like on that compared to my Lupo with you guys. Already have my insurance with you so straight swap would be easy enough?

oooooooooo!

Called you the other day regarding a Daihatsu Storia X4. Had no idea what it was :s Mind you, it is a very rare car!

Think I might go back to an old Charade GTti. Wonder what the insurance is like on that compared to my Lupo with you guys. Already have my insurance with you so straight swap would be easy enough?

PM me your details if you'd like me to have a look. I have a lot of time for the Charade Gttis but good luck finding one!

Ollie

Sky Insurance

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Hi Ollie,

Dont worry ive been offered 2 already :P

You just need to know where to find them ;) Used to have one before so I'm quite well known within the GTti community :)

The storia X4 has sold, so looks like its one of these 2 GTti's

Hi Ollie,

Dont worry ive been offered 2 already :P

You just need to know where to find them ;) Used to have one before so I'm quite well known within the GTti community :)

This sounds like me an Fiat Uno Turbos.. I've owned 4 over the years and would have another one at the drop of a hat, again, hard to find these days!

You've got to love cars from that era!

Ollie

Just done a quote for a Civic Type R... £1800! Must be joking me!!! A Charade that has been modified to 160bhp which is way quicker than a CTR is only 800 :/ Insurance is a strange thing! I was expecting about 1k for a CTR :/

Just done a quote for a Civic Type R... £1800! Must be joking me!!! A Charade that has been modified to 160bhp which is way quicker than a CTR is only 800 :/ Insurance is a strange thing! I was expecting about 1k for a CTR :/

Hi Liam,

those Civic Type R's (more so the EP3) carry horrendous claims/loss ratios for insurers so they are more expensive to insure. Insurance isn't dictated by how fast a car goes.

Thanks

Do modifications really make a difference to the probability of an accident? Seems crazy how much insurance can go up with a few mods

Much like the situation with young drivers trying to get insured, it's boy racers ruining it for the rest of us

Hi Liam,

those Civic Type R's (more so the EP3) carry horrendous claims/loss ratios for insurers so they are more expensive to insure. Insurance isn't dictated by how fast a car goes.

Thanks

Yeah, It was an EP3... GOD DAMN IT! I think I'll wait and save up for an ek9 :)

Yeah i understand what you mean, seems crazy with insurance nowadays.. You guys were pretty good on my lupo TDi though so hopefully when it comes to renewal in June you'll offer me a fairly decent quote then and I'll happily stay with you guys!

Tried to do a full quote but when i get to the section of the purchase price of the car i enter the figure and click continue then it says please enter purchase price to continue

Hi,

please request a call back and we can go through a confirmed quotation:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/call_back_new.phtml

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

just to let you know that we have reviewed the online quotation facility we have had live for the last couple of months due to some feedback we have received over our network of affiliated car clubs. Despite hundreds of people getting online quotes with us everyday, we've had issues with our full online quotation, as it stands we have removed this so only our 'quick quotation' facility is currently live. As it stands, we cannot provide confirmed quotations unless we speak to customers over the telephone, telephone quotations take no longer than ten minutes usually.

If you are after a very quick and rough indicative price then you are welcome to use the 'quick quote' but please speak to us on the phone to go through a full quotation.

Links:

Car Club Scheme:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html

Quick quote and call back request:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/insurance-quote.html

Thanks for reading and feel free to have a look around our website!