Roll cage?

Bikerz

Who sells them for the lupo sport? (iv seen them advertised somewhere)

Has anyone got a cage fitted? if so how many points?

How many points u recon i should go if i get a choice?will more points improve handaling?

websites please people?

Cheers

Sheldon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id forget about it mate.

You'll never get insured.

A roll cage adds more negitives towards your insurance policy than any other mod.

There is a roll cage sat in the garge of AAT.

It wont improve handling.

Unless its a full cage it wont protect you in a crash, and trust me, getting in and out of a car with a full cage is a bitch.

You'd be looking at around £180 for a half cage (as said, this wil only protect rear passengers) and around £250 for a full Steel cage.

You can get a cheaper one that does nothing for protection, but whats the point in messing up your insurance for something that looks like a cage?

where u hear that tigz? i might get on the phone to adrian flux see what they say, as i would realy like one, i know how many people die on the roads each year and i think a gd full roll cage can make all the difference.

Any websites?

Id say you wouldn't need one mate.

Most accidents are front end/side smashes.

A roll cage wont proect you from this.

And if you speak to Jayson, after rolling his GTi the only damage was a small dint on his roof.

The car was still solid.

Its a well known fact about the insurance mate.

Insurance companys belive if you are fitting a roll cage, you think you are Jakke Honkanen.

Its a well known fact about the insurance mate.

Insurance companys belive if you are fitting a roll cage, you think you are Jakke Honkanen.

arnt i? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well im still gona give them a call and try and be clever and come back and opologise 8)

Sites tho please?

I totally agree with Bikerz, it can help in case of an accident. If you have the side bars in and a full cage I would trust that more than my airbag. I'll be maving one custom made by a company that prepares rally EVO's. welded not screwed in.

cheers avid. If u had a look at my delicate and mangled body u would see why u can never be too safe. GF geting and old mini and i refuse to let her drive it till its been roll caged so she wants me to roll cage mine and iv always wanted to roll cage it, it would look cool!

ive got a 2 and a half inch diameter polished half roll cage in my arosa, fusion in york did it for me, i dint get it to save me in a crash or to improve handling, i just got it because IMO it looks good. i will dig out some pictures and a number for fusion.

cheers mate. was it a 1 off custom made roll cage? i think i may go for a full cage tho, depends on how gd urs looks. yes please for pics?

cheers

I gave you a UK site Sheldon.

Like I said, he has one in his garage, he wants out the way.

Sure he'll do you a deal.

Have you phoned your insurance yet?

You'll be stunned when you hear what they have to say.

Then it saves a full thread on something you cant do.