wheel size

joeb94

Hi, I have recently bought a 2002 seat arosa 1.0 and I am ashamed of the wheels it has fitted and want to get some new ones. What are the biggest wheels I can fit on? I have been adived that it is 16x7 but I am not convinced.

Thanks.

I personally think that anything above a 14" looks daft on anything other than a Gti, but it's your car. I think 16's are possible yes, I have seen 17's but on Gti's only.

Someone with more model specific knowledge may be able to advise further :).

Oh and welcome to the forum :D

I personally think that anything above a 14" looks daft on anything other than a Gti, but it's your car. I think 16's are possible yes, I have seen 17's but on Gti's only.

Someone with more model specific knowledge may be able to advise further :).

Oh and welcome to the forum :D

I was looking at 15 inch calibre dubs in black with the polished rim but I wasn't sure if they would fit and thanks :)

I quite like those. The only thing that puts me off them is the fact that you can buy them in Halfrauds...is that wrong? :(

I would imagine 7.5" to be a bit a bit wide for a non-GTI, although I might be wrong.

Edited by NOCK

If ride quality is important to you, a smaller diameter wheel tends to give a better ride. I changed my 13 inch wheels for 14 inch and there was a deterioration in the ride. I wouldn't be happy with 15 inch and I certainly wouldn't want to go for a larger diamater.

If ride quality is important to you, a smaller diameter wheel tends to give a better ride. I changed my 13 inch wheels for 14 inch and there was a deterioration in the ride. I wouldn't be happy with 15 inch and I certainly wouldn't want to go for a larger diamater.

I have to disagree with you there, the only time a smaller diameter wheel will increase ride quality is if you've fitted fatter profile tyres to the smaller wheel than you did to the larger ones.

do you think 195/45/15s are the biggest I can really go then? I just want a nice wheels that fills the arch nicely really I wouldn't go for a 16 because I think it may look abit daft. Would it be a good idea to just take it over to wheels mania and get them to do some measuring?

Thanks for the replies everybody :)

I have to disagree with you there.

You can disagree as much as you want, but you'd be wrong. The higher the aspect ratio of the tyre, the more pliant the ride. So a 70% aspect ratio will always produce better ride quality than a 60%, 50% or 40% aspect ratio. The lower the number, the less pliant the sidewall will be and the harsher the ride.

For the same rolling radius, a larger diamater wheel always requires a lower aspect ratio tyre, and that means less comfort.

But feel free to disagree. It's a free country, and as far as I know, there is no law against being wrong. ;-)

You can disagree as much as you want, but you'd be wrong. The higher the aspect ratio of the tyre, the more pliant the ride. So a 70% aspect ratio will always produce better ride quality than a 60%, 50% or 40% aspect ratio. The lower the number, the less pliant the sidewall will be and the harsher the ride.

For the same rolling radius, a larger diamater wheel always requires a lower aspect ratio tyre, and that means less comfort.

But feel free to disagree. It's a free country, and as far as I know, there is no law against being wrong. ;-)

Yeah the guy who disagreed with you said that. 185/60's will ride as well on 14's as they will on 13's

That's exactly what I said :lol: